Yu Darvish: Marlins Don't Submit Bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrissy boy knows the deal.
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Loria should get Genting to pay for the posting fee. They've offered to pay for just about everything else in Miami.

Comment

This source reported Yu #Darvish demands $20M per year contract and implies he won't come if a bidder couldn't. #MLB
        sponichi.co.jp/baseball/news/…
        Knobler twitter

This guy has a set on him

Comment

Posting Bids just went lower...$20 mil a year is a joke

Comment

He must have meant 20 million yen. That stuff is almost as worthless as the stuff they pay me with.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

If what I read is correct he currently make 6-6.5 a year now...pitching market is loaded next year so his value is higher than ever this year...should come over for 10 a year I would imagine..he doesn't gain anything by waiting a year because he won't sway his skeptics by pitching another year in NBP...can't imagine he doesn't sign with whoever has the winning bid

Comment

what if it was the pirates? i could imagine him not signing with the pirates
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

That's only because he can't pronounce Pilots.

Comment

The Pirates signed those Indian fellas that one time. So that's nothing.

Comment

rinku singh!
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I was assuming that a team that isn't a contender most likely won't post such a large posting bid. It seems like too much of a risk for a team that isn't in the mix for the playoffs next year to make. It seems like all the teams rumored to place bids for Darvish are contenders.

Comment

Someone will post big and call his bluff.

Comment

I'm not the least bit surprised about his contract demands. He's happy in Japan. He makes plenty of money. I'd be interested to see how much he really makes considering the assloads of endorsements he has.

I still think he'll end up taking something less though.
                            --------------------
                            I do think it's silly to think he's just gonna come over for anything. I think he'd be content never pitching in the United States.
                            Last edited by HUGG; 12-08-2011, 08:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Hugg, fake Panther thread

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                                I do think it's silly to think he's just gonna come over for anything. I think he'd be content never pitching in the United States.
                                I don't think so. Asian players like to show Asian players can play on the big stage. I don't think he'll come over to play for Cleveland or Kansas City though. He'll want to go to Boston, New York, LA, etc.; a city that he's actually heard of.

Comment

Working...
                                X