Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seismic moves those were.
    --------------------
    If Jose Reyes eventually signs with the Miami Marlins, the Mets will get two draft picks, as they would if he signs with any other organization.

However, if Reyes ends up in South Florida, the Mets would not get a first-round pick, even though Reyes is a Type A free agent.

Automatically, the Mets will get a pick created from thin air between the first and second rounds.

But the top 15 picks in the draft are protected, and Miami picks ninth in June 2012 by virtue of its 72-90 record. So the Marlins instead would turn over their second-round pick to the Mets, while retaining their first-round pick.

Fortunately for the Mets, the other primary suitors for Reyes all pick 16th or later. So the Mets would get the first-round pick if Reyes ended up with the Brewers (28th overall pick), Phillies (31st), Tigers (27th), Nationals (16th) or Giants (20th).
    Reyes to Miami means no 1st-round pick

Just another thing to annoy the Mets.
    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 11-10-2011, 07:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
      Seismic moves those were.
      --------------------

Reyes to Miami means no 1st-round pick

You said we never hear about the Marlins making moves at this time of the year. I disputed it.

Comment

• Mibs at it again. I love it.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post

Problem, Mets?

Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• At what? Disputing a claim that is false? Go back and read the posts. MH said

We never hear anything about the Marlins during this time of year until this year.
            I listed three trades and a free agent signing we made within a week of today's date last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
              You said we never hear about the Marlins making moves at this time of the year. I disputed it.
              But... Like, come on. You're just doing it to be a poopypants. You know what he meant.
              poop

Comment

• I'm surprised she didn't mention the signing of that minor league already.

Comment

• I can see Mibs arguing if someone said that Volstad was 6'7'' and he's really 6'8''.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• 6'8"?!? I didn't know they stacked shit that high.
                    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Not a fan of dealing LoMo (as big of a douche as he is) for Gio. I'm really not a fan of dealing him period, for that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                        Not a fan of dealing LoMo (as big of a douche as he is) for Gio. I'm really not a fan of dealing him period, for that matter.
                        I don't think we should trade him for just anyone. But a 26-year old with back-to-back sub-3.8 FIP years with four years of club control left isn't just anyone. It's almost a mortal lock to outperform Lomo, especially if we keep him in LF.
                        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          I don't think we should trade him for just anyone. But a 26-year old with back-to-back sub-3.8 FIP years with four years of club control left isn't just anyone. It's almost a mortal lock to outperform Lomo, especially if we keep him in LF.
                          Understood, but I'd rather keep Morrison and just sign Buerhle. We're talking about a guy who has ridiculous potential as a hitter here, and I think he ends up being more valuable than Gonzalez in the long run.

Comment

• Milton Buehrle

But also, trading Morrison would be for the best.

Comment

• Morrison has ridiculous potential to be not quite good enough to be a perennial all-star.

Comment

• Cogz or Boner in LF would do.

If you stick Boner in a lineup with Hanley and Reyes, that would be something.

Comment

Working...
                                X