No announcement yet.

Possible Free Agent Options For Marlins Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert bold statement with no factual background information here.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Pujols, Albert

Comment

• Pretty sure he's always said he would like to pitch in St. Louis. Todd's definitely not making that up.
        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
          Pujols, Albert
          I know this is fantasy talk, but wouldn't we want Prince being 4 years younger and lefty.

Comment

• Buehrle is from St. Charles, MO and grew up a Cardinals fan. As bob² alluded to, Buehrle has said he wants to pitch for his hometown team, and he is also going to be 33 heading into next year.

There are 2 legitimate suitors for Buehrle, the White Sox and Cardinals.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
              I know this is fantasy talk, but wouldn't we want Prince being 4 years younger and lefty.
              Pujols can/could play at least 3 positions (1st, 3rd, left). Prince is a DH in waiting. If it's a one year deal, yeah, gimme Prince (blasphemy, I know) but if it's 5 or 8 or 10, it's Albert.

Comment

• That's kind of like saying Miguel Cabrera can play 3 positions.

Albert Pujols can play one position.

Well, he can probably play LF because almost anyone can, but he hasn't since 2002 and he's not going to wherever he signs, so it's utterly irrelevant.

I don't think I'd sign either of them, but it's an interestingquestion. Albert may age better, but they aren't on the same age scale. The question is will Albert age better from 31-38 than Prince will from 28-35? I'm not sure what the answer is, given that Albert's simply a far better player already.
                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-20-2011, 03:26 PM.
                poop

Comment

• Anyone can play any position they want, doesnt mean they would be good at that position. Considering how long Pujols has been at 1B, you probably forget that he was much like Cabrera was...just shoehorned in wherever to get his bat in the lineup no matter his defensive liabilities.
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Pujols is not a defensive liability at 1B.

Comparing Pujols to Miguel Cabrera, defensively, is like comparing apples to oranges.

Comment

• I didnt say he was a defensive liability at 1B. He however wasnt good in LF or at 3B, but played those positions to get his bat in the lineup.

So comparing him to Cabrera defensively, in this instance, is very appropriate.
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Pujols also cannot play 3 positions.
                        poop

Comment

• He is a pretty good 1B though.
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Sure. And Fielder's a pretty bad one. That, plus the fact that Albert's really a very good baserunner and, oh yeah, the best hitter in the game, make him the far better player.

I just don't know whether he'll be the far better play for the next 7-8 years.
                            poop

Comment

• Well, there's not a chance in hell either are gonna sign with this dysfunctional organization, so at least they won't have to make that call.

Comment

• Bobbob, you do know that Pujols played 3B this year, right?

In this super fantasy world, I'd rather have the guy who can go somewhere else, semi-competently, in a pinch rather than the DH who has to play a position because it's the NL.

I reiterate though, I think I'd rather have Prince over the short term.

Comment

Working...
                                X