Possible Free Agent Options For Marlins Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    That's based on this year's numbers, which is a sample size of all of 20 starts, which isn't much at all.

I was speaking for their careers as a whole. Nolasco's WHIP has been better through their careers, to the tune of 1.27 to 1.41.

Also, .14 means Nolasco allows 10% fewer baserunners. That's not insignificant.
    But Nolasco's striking less guys out -- meaning more balls in play for that 25 LD% to become more noticeable.

If he continues to K guys at this rate, his WHIP might be more this year than years past.

Comment

• I think it's more likely that he'll start King more guys than it is that Volstad will stop allowing HRs.
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewie View Post
        How high is his bibimbap?
        I feel like you're just trying to spell my last name

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
          Buehrle is not that good.
          Yesterday was his worst start in 19 starts - he went 7.1 innings and gave up 4 ER.

Prior to that he had a streak of 18 starts in a row with 3 or fewer earned runs and 17 of those were quality starts.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Mark Buehrle has gone over 200 innings in every season since 2001. A left-handed innings eater would be a major plus for this rotation.

Comment

• But his THGGI is too high, fangraphs says so!
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• But he led the league in BOOGER 7 of the last 10 seasons.

Comment

• I don't think those are real stats! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Do you guys think a 4 year, 40 million dollar deal for Beurhle would be a good decision for the franchise, all things considered? Because that's likely what he's going to get.
                    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by MK7 View Post
                      Yesterday was his worst start in 19 starts - he went 7.1 innings and gave up 4 ER.

Prior to that he had a streak of 18 starts in a row with 3 or fewer earned runs and 17 of those were quality starts.
                      You took what I said out of context.

I wouldn't mind Mark Buehrle. I just don't care for him at the contract he's going to get.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      Do you guys think a 4 year, 40 million dollar deal for Beurhle would be a good decision for the franchise, all things considered? Because that's likely what he's going to get.
                      Exactly.
                      Last edited by Erick; 08-18-2011, 07:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I'd like to point out, when Buerhle throws his 200th inning this year, that will be 12 years in a row.

Do you know how many Marlins have thrown 200 innings the last 12 years? 14. FOUR FUCKING TEEN.

2001 - Dempster, Penny
                        2002 - AJ
                        2003 - Pavano
                        2004 - Pavano
                        2005 - Dontrelle, AJ
                        2006 - Dontrelle
                        2007 - Dontrelle
                        2008 - Nolasco, Olsen
                        2009 - Johnson
                        2010 - n/a
                        2011 - Projected Nolasco, Anibal

Stability is worth the price of admission. He would be fantastic and really stabilize the middle of the rotation. Mark Buerhle has almost single handedly out performed 12 years of Marlins pitchers. Unbelievable.
                        --------------------
                        I'd like to edit, there are a variety of 190s here and there and the innings difference between 200 is mainly ceremonial rather than performance, but it stands Buerhle is as rock solid as it gets. The Marlins need this type of pitcher to come in, no bullshit, throw 30+ starts at 200 innings because all the arms in the organization are highly volatile and get hurt or "go nolasco." Marlins need innings. They don't need to be premier or buying low on a guy who will get better. Marlins need innings.

Mark Buerhle, innings. Would be fantastic. I wouldn't be upset with 4/$40. It's an extra year than I'd like to see, but I'd rather gamble on a guy who isn't going to blow up like Jorge De La Rosa.
                        Last edited by lou; 08-18-2011, 10:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• What Lou said

I don't really like going 4 years on him although I do think he's the type of pitcher that will be able to survive with a mid-4s era as he enters his decline.

Comment

• buehrle will get more than 4 yr 40 mil

yrs r bout right but the dollar amount will be up near 50 no doubt

plus hes a god in chicago

Comment

• I don't see Buehrle leaving Chicago. What ....J.... said.

Comment

• If he leaves Chicago it will be to go to St. Louis.
                                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X