Possible Free Agent Options For Marlins Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
    I'm surprised no one pointed out how the team's patience is wearing thin on Chris Volstad.
    It's getting very thin, to the extent I could see him being traded in the off-season if he doesn't turn it around over the next two months. He and Leo Nunez I expect will get shipped out next offseason, which may not be a bad thing.

Aramis Ramirez, for the love of god, sign him.

Think about it, we need a third baseman. I don't think Wes Helms or Matt Dominguez is gonna cut it. Dominguez is hitting .235 in AAA, that probably would drop 20 points in the big leagues. We have enough .215 hitters on this team (*cough* John Buck *cough).

If you Aramis in the middle of a line-up with Hanley, Gaby, LoMo and Stanton, I think you'd have 5 legit 90 RBI guys in your lineup, and in a good year three 30 homer guys.

Ramirez, unless traded, should make around $9-12 million next year.

I also think another starter should be added, a guy like Jason Marquis or maybe a gamble on a guy like Scott Kazmir. Kazmir has the type of stuff to be a 15-16 game winner, he just needs to stay consistent and healthy. If he is, he'd be your #4 starter. That's a pretty stacked rotation.
    Miami Marlins. Channeling our inner 90s Devil Rays.

Comment

Comment

Uhhhhh Scott Kazmir? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
          Uhhhhh Scott Kazmir? Really?
          Why not? It's not like he's in a position where it would be a risk. Even if he were to pitch like Javy Vazquez, you wouldn't be on the hook for $7 Mil, only about $900,000.

Comment

You realize Kazmir is still out there for someone to sign and no one is touching him.

Comment

Scott Kazmir apparently had a 17.20 ERA in the minors this season. Ok...maybe he isn't a smart gamble...

Still, adding a guy who can give you 10-11 wins and give something more than Volstad is something that the Marlins really should do.

Comment

Where are you pulling these wins out of from a guy that you just stated had a 17.20 ERA in the minors?

Comment

The guy was able to lead a Tampa Bay squad to the post season and was an effective pitcher for a good amount of time.

But the more I look at it, the more I think he doesn't have it anymore. But they're still are plenty of upcoming FA starters who will do better than Chris Volstad.

Comment

Originally posted by McKeon View Post
                    Scott Kazmir apparently had a 17.20 ERA in the minors this season. Ok...maybe he isn't a smart gamble...

Still, adding a guy who can give you 10-11 wins and give something more than Volstad is something that the Marlins really should do.
                    Just throwing this out there but you do realize that Volstad had 12 wins last year, right? So you want to trade a young, cost controlled guy to get an older version of him that we'd have to pay more?

Comment

You guys don't get that winners win

Comment

WINS WINS WINS WINS
                        poop

Comment

Volstad is so much better than Kazmir right now that this discussion is borderline fm21

Comment

I'm not of them baseball experts, but I'm pretty sure a 17.20 ERA in the minor leagues usually does not translate to double digits wins on the major league level.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

But but but Scott Kazmir was good a few years ago Chewie. Clearly you are forgetting this.

Comment

True, Kazmir is also kinda close to Kashmir, which is a pretty kickass Led Zeppelin song, so he has that going for him.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                                X