X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic 2 is where his brain started screaming ITS GON HIT MY FACE

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post

Not only does he not have to dive for it, but he nearly over runs it. If anything, him going airborne helped him out.
      Nice pictures. But those pictures don't take into account other factors.
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he shaded towards left-center at the time the ball was hit? In which case, even if he didn't have to dive, it would still make the play a very good play, considering the ground he covered before the dive?

The ball wasn't hit right at him. It wasn't just the dive that made the play what it was.

Again, I could be wrong, but I recall him being shaded somewhat toward left-center and having a pretty good run to even get to the ball.

Comment

• This is going to be the Zapruder Film of soflamarlins.com.

Comment

• Back and to the left.

Back and to the left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            I mean look where he is and where the ball is in pic 2. He's 2 steps away from it.

He dove because he has no clue what he's doing out there yet. Not because he had to make a leap of faith out there.

Still gets kudos, because he's not Frank Gutierrez out there though.
            I kind of view those pictures as definitive evidence he had to dive for it.

No arguments he doesn't know what he's doing and will never be Guitterez, but you can't see the trajectory of the ball in the stills, and while it may not be full extension like I originally thought before the post game replays, he's running at full speed and still laying out for it to get there.

Now if you want to criticize a jump, or an initial misread and he had to recover, or was positioned wrong, or whatever, and that's the reason for the dive and why other centerfielders make it, sure? But Coghlan went after that ball and made the play. Kudos for bailing out the bullpen. Awesome play. It really saved the game.

Comment

• Look at those fuckin tits on Kimmel
              --------------------
              Coghlan was not shaded to left
              Last edited by Beef; 04-14-2011, 11:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

No arguments he doesn't know what he's doing and will never be Guitterez, but you can't see the trajectory of the ball in the stills, and while it may not be full extension like I originally thought before the post game replays, he's running at full speed and still laying out for it to get there.

Now if you want to criticize a jump, or an initial misread and he had to recover, or was positioned wrong, or whatever, and that's the reason for the dive and why other centerfielders make it, sure? But Coghlan went after that ball and made the play. Kudos for bailing out the bullpen. Awesome play. It really saved the game.
                Exactly.

Comment

• Play debate over. Tits on Kimmel. They are a peace offering.

Comment

• He did not lay out. Unless any situation in which a guy hits the ground means he laid out. He basically just lifted his leg off the ground so he could start to fall to the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

I really really disagree. He's not laying out, he's half running, half falling.

We're going to keep going in circles though.

Comment

• Off the bat....

pretty much playing up the middle
                        --------------------
                        if anything, shaded to the right of 2B
                        Last edited by Ramp; 04-14-2011, 11:59 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I still don't trust Stanton in right. I was worried about him on both routine fly balls in the bottom of the 8th. If those drop, we're in trouble. He saved the game. Kudos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            Because your common sense and decent understanding of baseball is superior to mine, right?
                            Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            Exactly.
                            Confirmation.

Comment

• definitive look at this shading.... just to the right of 2B

--------------------
                              if you can't see, ball is just to the left of the 2B umpire
                              Last edited by Ramp; 04-15-2011, 12:06 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• You know shit is getting real when Beef is typing in bold.

It wasn't remotely an amazing catch but I kinda see what lou is implying.

But, what lou is implying is the bullpen got lucky. And sometimes bullpens get lucky and sometimes they get unlucky.

So, Daft tips his hat to the bullpen tonight. Who the fuck is Daft?

Comment

Working...
                                X