No announcement yet.

Bullpen Masterful As Marlins Take Series in Atlanta, 6-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was a catch cool/rather amazing if you would have been upset at the fielder had it not been made? I know you cant take it out of context, but if he makes that play with no one on in a 10-0 game, no one says a damn word about it. Sam Fulds catch was rather amazing...Coghlans was a step above routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
      We're downplaying it because it's a play everyone makes and you are acting like Cogs fucking levitated towards the ball, darted into the stands to fuck some hot chick, and then came rushing back in time to make an unbelievable diving catch while also leaving said hot chick satisfied.
      But it's not a play that everyone makes. It's also probably not a play that every CF'er makes standing up, as you apparently seem to think.

Would be nice if you could actually prove your comments to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
        Because your common sense and decent understanding of baseball is superior to mine, right? I'm not sure how that makes your argument work; it kinda sucks, actually.

Again, any proof that he didn't need to dive for it? PROOF...anyone need a definition?
        Yes, please give me a definition of what proof would require in this circumstance.

Comment

An exclusive interview with Cogz in FM21's blog.

Comment

I was looking for the link.

Comment

But it's not a play that everyone makes. It's also probably not a play that every CF'er makes standing up, as you apparently seem to think.

Would be nice if you could actually prove your comments to be true.
              Except for the fact it is. If you choose to not acknowledge that then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                I think a college 2B turned 3B turned LF then injured for a year turned back to 3B turned to CF, making a diving catch on his non glove side maybe.... 30 games in CF (including spring) to save a bases loaded triple is kind of a pull out of your ass moment.

Seems you guys are focusing more on, a center fielder has to make that play, more than, Chris Coghlan is our fucking center fielder and if anyone was expecting this kind of performance, you're a liar. I know a few of you thought, "yea this would be fine," but we're well above fine with the way he's playing. And it's awesome it's happening. It won the game today. Jesus christ.
                So now things have kind of changed to the bullpen should have blown it but a guy that you thought would not be able to make a play every CFer should make did make a play that every CFer should make, so we all need to spit out the bullpen's dick and take Coghlan's?

Comment

Because your common sense and decent understanding of baseball is superior to mine, right? I'm not sure how that makes your argument work; it kinda sucks, actually.

Again, any proof that he didn't need to dive for it? PROOF...anyone need a definition?
                  I find it kind of weird that you're entire argument is "show me proof." So yeah.

You know what? Fuck it. Yeah. I do think my understanding of baseball is superior to yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                    I find it kind of weird that you're entire argument is "show me proof." So yeah.

You know what? Fuck it. Yeah. I do think my understanding of baseball is superior to yours.
                    I also believe that to be the case.

Comment

• I vote Mainge.

Comment

• Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
                        How was a catch cool/rather amazing if you would have been upset at the fielder had it not been made? I know you cant take it out of context, but if he makes that play with no one on in a 10-0 game, no one says a damn word about it. Sam Fulds catch was rather amazing...Coghlans was a step above routine.
                        The word cool was not my word; I was simply quoting the word you used to describe the catch.

And I, personally, wouldn't have criticized Coghlan had he not come up with that catch. I don't criticize players unless it's a routine play (like Hanley's airmails to 1B).

And just as your eyes tell you that that was a routine play, my eyes tell me otherwise. And there's really zero proof to prove that that play was routine. Again, eyes are not proof, on such things.

All we know is that Coghlan had to dive for the ball. We don't know that any decent CF'er makes the play standing up; there is no proof for that.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        Except for the fact it is. If you choose to not acknowledge that then so be it.
                        Really? Prove it.
                        Last edited by Erick; 04-14-2011, 11:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          The word cool was not my word; I was simply quoting the word you used to describe the catch.

And I, personally, wouldn't have criticized Coghlan had he not come up with that catch. I don't criticize players unless it's a routine play (like Hanley's airmails to 1B).

And just as your eyes tell you that that was a routine play, my eyes tell me otherwise. And there's really zero proof to prove that that play was routine. Again, eyes are not proof, on such things.

All we know is that Coghlan had to dive for the ball. We don't know that any decent CF'er makes the play standing up; there is no proof for that.
                          Please answer my questions.

1) Have you realized yet that you quoted me as saying the opposite of what I said?

2) What kind of proof would suffice for you? What are you actually looking for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post

And I think you're rather retarded. Guess we're all entitled to an opinion, I suppose. So yeah, fuck it.

Comment

• Prove it.

Comment

• I'm willing to accept that your eyes fail you. I suggest Lasik surgery. In the event that after improving your vision, you still somehow maintain your idiotic and retarded beliefs regarding this catch, get back at me and we can venture down the brain surgery road

Comment

Working...
                                X