No announcement yet.

Marlins Target Greinke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on though... the NL Central is by far the most wide open division especially joining a team like the Brewers. You'd have to be stupid to choose the Marlins over the Brewers at this point.

Comment

• I disagree if only because I really don't believe that the Brewers, Greinke or not, have a chance at the division either, meaning, in either case, he's playing for the Wild Card.

I mean, if he believes his impact on the Brewers is enough to overcome a 14 game deficit, more power to him. The Cardinals/Reds are arguably better than the Braves/Mets, anyways.
      CSBC Commish

Comment

• Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
        I disagree if only because I really don't believe that the Brewers, Greinke or not, have a chance at the division either, meaning, in either case, he's playing for the Wild Card.

I mean, if he believes his impact on the Brewers is enough to overcome a 14 game deficit, more power to him. The Cardinals/Reds are arguably better than the Braves/Mets, anyways.
        plus Marcum, plus likely better years from Braun and Fielder, plus however many games Hoffman blew with that 9 era for 2 months.

They ain't so bad. Their 1-4 is excellent and will keep them in most games.

Comment

• I think the Brewers win the Central. Even Betancourt is an upgrade for them. They got nothing from SS last season. He's not good but .692 and 17 HR is light years above their SS production last year (.230/.284/.316 from the SS position).

Assuming they continue to get .800+ offense from 1B, 2B, 3B, LF and RF like they did last season, there's no reason they can't win that division.
          --------------------
          They were 4th in the NL in runs last season and they added Greinke and Marcum, I don't see how you can't expect them to be much better.
          Last edited by HUGG; 12-21-2010, 05:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritz View Post
            No, we're seen as a team that sucks by and large but puts it together once every decade and then has a huge firesale. Nobody gives a crap about us having records over .500 for 3 of the last 4 seasons or whatever.
            So what if we did get winning seasons 3 of the last 4 ? Did we make the post-season ? Did management make the moves possible to get there when we had a REAL chance when we won 87 games a couple of years ago ? For as dumb as many baseball players are, at least it looks like Grienke did his homework on that one.

Comment

• They did add Nick Johnson.
              poop

Comment

• Betancourt made me contemplate leaving Seattle forever

Comment

Working...
                X