• Show
Clear All

• Jeffress was no toss in

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      Jeffress was no toss in
      Yeah, this.
      Jeffress isn't exactly Mike Rabelo.

He has a lot of raw potential. If he can't develop into a starter, he'll be a nice bullpen arm, and maybe potential closer if they end up trading Soria.

Jeffress was a top 100 prospect as recently as '09, and he, too, is a couple of years younger than Cain. He's no scrub.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
        I never said he was a piece of shit. What I'm saying is that he's not a better prospect than Escobar. And after what Odorizzi was able to do this year, he's nowhere near that either.

I'm also saying that if you're going to argue with me for using an opinion, don't use the whole "I've watched him play" crap, when that's opiniated, as well.

Also, I really could care less about his career .OPS in the minor leagues. Fact of the matter is, he's going to be 25 next year, and his last two years in the minor leagues have been extremely underwhelming. He is not the best prospect in this deal, and a player like him will never be the best prospect in a deal involving a guy like Zach Grienke.
        You keep bringing up about minor league rankings so I bring up his #'s.. When he was called up last yr he hit.. age of 25 means you should be ready for the ML level and be productive and he fits both of those.

Bottom line of the trade and I'm sure we agree the Royals got 4 good players how it all pans out cause its KC remains to be seen.
        --------------------
        Originally posted by Erick View Post
        Yeah, this.
        Jeffress isn't exactly Mike Rabelo.

He has a lot of raw potential. If he can't develop into a starter, he'll be a nice bullpen arm, and maybe potential closer if they end up trading Soria.

Jeffress was a top 100 prospect as recently as '09, and he, too, is a couple of years younger than Cain. He's no scrub.
        Also my mistake on Jeffress 2nd suspension that was for pot.. 1st one was peds..

He has good stuff just needs to stay out of trouble..
        Last edited by AdamRavs; 12-19-2010, 11:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
          You keep bringing up about minor league rankings so I bring up his #'s.. When he was called up last yr he hit.. age of 25 means you should be ready for the ML level and be productive and he fits both of those.

Bottom line of the trade and I'm sure we agree the Royals got 4 good players how it all pans out cause its KC remains to be seen.
          He came up last year, and struck out 28 times while only walking 9 times; he also had an unsustainable .370 .babip, and showed very little power which should continue, as he's never shown much power throughout the minors.

Once his .babip starts looking normal, his batting average will go down, and his offensive #'s will start looking similar to Maybin's.

It was only 158 plate appearances; that's a small sample.

I do agree though that KC got a nice deal out of this. Major props to them for getting rid of Betancourt's contract for the next two seasons, as well.

Comment

• In related news, the general public in KC did not riot yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody Ross Chant View Post
              In related news, the general public in KC did not riot yesterday.
              Well it isn't like they were expecting to win or have been expecting to win in years (maybe decades would be a better word here)

Comment

• Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
                Ultimately came down to money, can't say we're not used to such things, oh well
                Might've been money, might've been because this applies to the Fish as well:

"According to sources close to Greinke, the Nationals, following the acquisition of Jayson Werth, looked like a solid spot, but that Lee joining the Phils' rotation changed everything. The road to a NL East postseason berth narrowed considerably in Greinke's mind, but the NL Central? That's a winnable division, possibly as soon as this season."
                Greinke goes to Milwaukee, assist to Cliff Lee
                Sanchez life

Comment

• Certainly makes some sense if that's the case

Comment

• Good, I don't want him if that's the case. Man up and think you can be the difference maker with JJ or GTFO.

Seriously, I have come to inexplicably hate Greinke. His demanding a trade then using his no-trade to block the best deal then his crap of maybe I do maybe I don't want the Yankees, and now this, which may or may not be attributable to him...he's just coming off like a bitch.

Comment

• What's the no trade clause for if he can't use it to block a place he has no interest in playing in?

You also don't hate Lebron for taking the easy way out, instead of "manning up" in Cleveland.

Comment

• I see the no-trade as a protection against unwanted movement - as in, I'm taking a lesser deal because I want to be here, I'm not going to let you turn around and benefit from my "hometown discount."

I see a big difference in saying "I want out" and then immediately saying "not there." Plus the back and forth that went on with the Yankees. It flies in the face of what I see the ultimate purpose of the no-trade to be. I do not see the no-trade as empowering the player, I see the no-trade as protecting the player. I think if you make a trade demand like Greinke does, you no longer deserve the benefit of protection; he wants out, fine, but from there on it should be in the best interests of the team.

I also see a difference in what LeBron did. He went to where he wanted to go and was arrogant enough to believe that even with a "thin" team he was creating a super-team and a favorite. It's Greinke's chickenshit attitude re:Lee and the NL East that bothers me; I do not think there is anything analogous to LeBron coming to Miami.
                        Last edited by Swifty; 12-20-2010, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• I disagree obviously

Comment

• Greinke is a hero because he wants to win and will do what it takes. He should throw rosin in the air and pose like Jesus and it'd be so cool.

Comment

• I mean let's be honest, I'd rather go to a relatively wide-open NL Central than to the NL East too

Comment

• You are a chicken shit that could never compare to the heroic nature of a guy willing to leave a team where people thought it might be tough to win a title to go to a team that would have three of the top 20 players in the NBA when outside of those three players they only had Mike Miller and some role players and a roster that is a lot smaller than a baseball roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X