No announcement yet.

Marlins Target Greinke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a much better argument. Greinke has a greater track record of performance than LoMo or Stanton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      That's a much better argument. Greinke has a greater track record of performance than LoMo or Stanton.
      Track record? He has had one great season the rest is not ace material.. Ace Material is what you deal those types of guys for.
      Last edited by AdamRavs; 12-17-2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• I'm not advocating trading them for him at all, for the record.

Comment

• First of all, I highly, highly doubt we would have to include Stanton in a deal for Greinke at this point. The fact that Greinke asked for a trade unquestionably dropped his value, so the Royals are not going to be able to rake anyone over the coals for him. Will they still get a good haul? Yes, but it won't be like it would have been originally.

Second of all, I think it's being very picky to say that Greinke only had "one good year." The way I see it, he had one FANTASTIC year ('09), one very good year ('08), and two solid years ('04 and '07). As a matter of fact, even though he had a 4.17 ERA last season, he still managed to post a 5.2 WAR and had a 3.34 FIP to boot, so you can even include 2010 as being one of his solid years. The kid has ridiculous talent and is most certainly ace material, in my opinion.

You've gotta wonder if a package centered around Morrison can get a deal done. As a matter of fact, I think you also have to wonder whether or not they can acquire Greinke without having to give up Nolasco or Anibal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
            First of all, I highly, highly doubt we would have to include Stanton in a deal for Greinke at this point. The fact that Greinke asked for a trade unquestionably dropped his value, so the Royals are not going to be able to rake anyone over the coals for him. Will they still get a good haul? Yes, but it won't be like it would have been originally.

Second of all, I think it's being very picky to say that Greinke only had "one good year." The way I see it, he had one FANTASTIC year ('09), one very good year ('08), and two solid years ('04 and '07). As a matter of fact, even though he had a 4.17 ERA last season, he still managed to post a 5.2 WAR and had a 3.34 FIP to boot, so you can even include 2010 as being one of his solid years. The kid has ridiculous talent and is most certainly ace material, in my opinion.

You've gotta wonder if a package centered around Morrison can get a deal done. As a matter of fact, I think you also have to wonder whether or not they can acquire Greinke without having to give up Nolasco or Anibal.
            DEAL VOLSTUD. HE HAS SO MUCH VALUE, IT HURTS.

Comment

• Ok, I wanna see what you guys think. I read today on MLBtraderumors that in order for the Nationals to acquire Greinke, it would require starting pitcher Jordan Zimmermann, closer Drew Storen, and infielder Danny Espinosa.

Now, how would that work for us (giving up that kind of talent from what we have.) Would that translate to Ricky/James, Leo/Ceda/Marinez, and Cogs/Matty D?
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Why is Logan Morrison not in your potential offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                  Ok, I wanna see what you guys think. I read today on MLBtraderumors that in order for the Nationals to acquire Greinke, it would require starting pitcher Jordan Zimmermann, closer Drew Storen, and infielder Danny Espinosa.

Now, how would that work for us (giving up that kind of talent from what we have.) Would that translate to Ricky/James, Leo/Ceda/Marinez, and Cogs/Matty D?
                  I don't know too much about Espinosa, but isn't that dirt cheap for Greinke?

Comment

• Well Zimm is coming back from TJ and was a top prospect for the Nationals. I'm not quite sure of his ceiling, but I think it was number two at worse. Storen is close to being the Nationals closer, if not already is. And Espinosa is going to nice be up the middle with Ian Desmond

Comment

• espinosa is garbage
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• This is rumored that it's about to happen:

The rumored agreement would send shortstop Alcides Escobar, center fielder Lorenzo Cain, and right-hander Jeremy Jeffress to Kansas City in return for Greinke, shortstop Yuniesky Betancourt and approximately $2M.
                        If that's all it takes to get him, then wow. Escobar is nice and a stud, but Cain ehh, and Jeffress is decent.

Comment

• Nolasco+Nunez+Morrison is a way better package. Sad that they didn't take it.

Comment

• It's now saying that Jake Odorizzi is in it as well, which makes it a lot better.

Comment

• Escobar+Cain+Jeffress would be a pretty crappy return.

I don't see much of a difference between that and Dominguez+Cousins+Marinez type package.

Comment

• I don't like that trade. He won't even stay with them.
                                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X