Marlins Target Greinke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
    That article with Beinfest doesn't make it sound too promising.
    Think about this if you are KC. This dude is a cy young ace # 1 no question.

I want Morrison. I want a significant 2nd piece. West isn't good enough. Neither is Hand or James, to young. I want.... Coghlan or Volstad. Then I want the young pitcher with upside, so now I want James as a third player. And I want Marinez or Ceda as a throw in.

Seriously, 4-1 territory. And if I'm KC... I still don't know if I do that. Morrison, Coghlan, James, and Marinez I probably hold firm on.

Just saying. I agree with Swift, if it's Morrison and "minor league" pitching, send the house. But I have to imagine they will want both our young lefty position players.

Comment

I wish there was one GM who was extremely open. It might piss some players off, but it would be cool.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Wouldnt be good for business there flmarlin.

Comment

Ricky who?
          This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
          Edmonton Ice Bats
          2007 Teal League Wildcard
          2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
          2010 Teal League Wildcard
          2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
            Wouldnt be good for business there flmarlin.
            I know, but maybe be like "Ya, we're talking to the royals" maybe not name names, but just not be so hush hush on shit.

Comment

joecapMARLINS: I'm told a #Marlins official made a lobby comment about interest in Greinke but no deal is expected
              /Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post

I want Morrison. I want a significant 2nd piece. West isn't good enough. Neither is Hand or James, to young. I want.... Coghlan or Volstad. Then I want the young pitcher with upside, so now I want James as a third player. And I want Marinez or Ceda as a throw in.

Seriously, 4-1 territory. And if I'm KC... I still don't know if I do that. Morrison, Coghlan, James, and Marinez I probably hold firm on.

Just saying. I agree with Swift, if it's Morrison and "minor league" pitching, send the house. But I have to imagine they will want both our young lefty position players.
                I'd still probably do that.

Comment

still wouldnt be good for business. Nope not at all.

Comment

I'd do Morrison/Coghlan/James/Marinez for Grienke. If that just so happens to be a deal KC is interested in, get it done now.

Comment

Cousins to LF then?

Comment

More so, if you are willing to trade a ton of stuff for Greinke... go for Garza

He is cheaper, you can sign him to a quasi arb buyout/first few free agency, costs you less in players, and he is nearly as good.

And the Rays would DIE for Morrison. I bet they take Morrison and Nunez 2-1 for Garza. Totally serious.

Comment

And we'd have a hole in Center and third still.

Comment

hey flamarlins21, when you get a chance... tell me why Nolasco is just like Greinke

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                              hey flamarlins21, when you get a chance... tell me why Nolasco is just like Greinke
                              Well kinda take back what I said about him being like he's like Greinke. I would trade for Greinke, but when Ricky is on, he's fuckin nasty. He's not going to be on the same level as Greinke, dont' get me wrong, but is adding Greinke worth giving up Logan? That's kinda what is bad with me, I don't want to give up Logan. Ricky is not as good as Greinke, but I don't Greinke is better enough to trade Logan for.

Comment

More so, if you are willing to trade a ton of stuff for Greinke... go for Garza

He is cheaper, you can sign him to a quasi arb buyout/first few free agency, costs you less in players, and he is nearly as good.

And the Rays would DIE for Morrison. I bet they take Morrison and Nunez 2-1 for Garza. Totally serious.
                                I am quoting myself I am so right on this right now. Garza was a super 2

He projects, through arbitration, to get like....$5-7.5-10, if he remains awesome. Lop on 1 free agency years, I bet you Garza can be signed for like.... 4/$32 right now ($4-7-9-12).

Morrison, Nunez, and some throw in for Garza 3-1, re up Garza to that contract. You have washed Nunez-Garza money and now can move Nolasco for a center fielder, and have $6 million to spend.

Fuck, this is it. This is the deal. Not Greinke. Morrison, Nunez, and whatever for Garza. That's a win-win each way.

Comment

Working...
                                X