Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#Whitesox willing to discuss Gavin Floyd
    http://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/4971994374209536

The White Sox are willing to discuss righty Gavin Floyd, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post. I'm sure the return would have to be significant, as Floyd is locked up affordably through 2012 with a club option for '13.

Floyd, 28 in January, posted a 4.08 ERA, 7.3 K/9, 2.8 BB/9, 0.7 HR/9, and career-best 49.9% groundball rate in 2010. He'd be preferable to almost every other available starter, even Cliff Lee if you're not keen on top dollar six-year free agent commitments for pitchers. The Brewers, Rangers, Yankees, Marlins, Nationals, Astros, Pirates, Diamondbacks, Rockies, and Dodgers are among the teams I'd expect to have interest in Floyd.
    - MLBTR

Wonder what it would take?

Comment

rumor is that Dodgers are offering James Loney, but White Sox want Matt Kemp

Comment

I remember when I thought Loney was going to be the next superstar first baseman in baseball.

Anyway, as disappointing of a year Kemp had last season, that's too much for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          rumor is that Dodgers are offering James Loney, but White Sox want Matt Kemp
          LOLWUT

Comment

I wouldnt hate Capuano for a full season with incentives.

Comment

I like Chris Young.. Outside of the some freak injuries he has been solid..

Comment

any interest in Brandon Webb or is he done?

Comment

I think he will got a deal similar to sheets' one.
                  Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                  Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                  Tom Koehler(4-0)
                  AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

joecapMARLINS: Beinfest -- "I think it's reasonable to say that a starting pitcher would be a good add to this team.'' #Marlins
                    /Twitter

Comment

I don't know what kind of SP they are going to get for $4 million bucks

Comment

They will probably try for another Natebob-like reclamation project if payroll is not otherwise cleared. Brad Hand could be the guy who is rushed up mid-season if he does well in AA and the reclamation guy doesn't work out.

Comment

Wouldn't mind taking a look at Brian Bannister for teh cheap. Really bad season last year but he could be a decent 4-5 in the NL.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
                            Wouldn't mind taking a look at Brian Bannister for teh cheap. Really bad season last year but he could be a decent 4-5 in the NL.
                            I'd rather take my chances with Sanabia, to be honest.

Comment

But Moyer is out there

Comment

Moyer is having elbow surgery (or shoulder)

Comment

Working...
                                X