• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it would not be ok with Arizona

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      it would not be ok with Arizona
      I can still dream, or play The Show, right?
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Why would the Dbacks be interested in Ricky and Leo?

Ricky is getting expensive, and is the type of pitcher that will not fit well in Chase Field.

Leo is also getting expensive for a team wanting to rebuilding, and is a flyballer pitcher going to a hitter park. Also most of the league will know that the marlins willnt pay Nunez 4 million, and be considered a salary dump. Leo probably doesnt have alot of trade value.

Morrison, James/Hand, and Ceda/Marinez all have value. But is it enough to get Upton, especially when the asking price is "ridiculous"?

I know the Arizona GM has says that he wants get ML players in return, but i doubt he would ML that are already have alot of service time, and already expensive.
        Originally posted by Matt Wilson
        Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
        Tom Koehler(4-0)
        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
          Why would the Dbacks be interested in Ricky and Leo?

Ricky is getting expensive, and is the type of pitcher that will not fit well in Chase Field.

Leo is also getting expensive for a team wanting to rebuilding, and is a flyballer pitcher going to a hitter park. Also most of the league will know that the marlins willnt pay Nunez 4 million, and be considered a salary dump. Leo probably doesnt have alot of trade value.

Morrison, James/Hand, and Ceda/Marinez all have value. But is it enough to get Upton, especially when the asking price is "ridiculous"?

I know the Arizona GM has says that he wants get ML players in return, but i doubt he would ML that are already have alot of service time, and already expensive.
          If you're Arizona, and you can get out of Upton's contract which is massive, I think Morrison, Nolasco, Nunez, and take your pick 2 pitching prospects looks really attractive. Logan locks up 1B for years, and you get a ton of pitching with high upside you control for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            If you're Arizona, and you can get out of Upton's contract which is massive, I think Morrison, Nolasco, Nunez, and take your pick 2 pitching prospects looks really attractive. Logan locks up 1B for years, and you get a ton of pitching with high upside you control for years.
            Glad someone agrees with me. I just wish we could do one or the other, not both Ricky and LoMo.

However, I still would be hesitant to give up James because past him, we don't have anything that projects better than him but we may be forced to. Ricky, James, Cogs, Leo. Again, I wish we could sub in someone for James but it's unlikely.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• i had a dream i walked into a room and someone told me we traded brad hand, and i assumed it was for upton and got really excited, but then i found out it was for a loogy and started yelling and cursing

true story
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• With the Blue Jays dropping out of the running, this leaves us and Boston as the main suitors? Am I correct?

The demands are dropping and hopefully the price will too.

As much as i'd love to have Upton, I would be more willing to go after Greinke, he might cost more or less the same. I don't think it would affect our roster as much.

Comment

• But Greinke is only signed through 2012 and then we've gotta pay him a truckload.

Upton's signed through 2015. That has to be a major factor in our decision making.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    But Greinke is only signed through 2012 and then we've gotta pay him a truckload.

Upton's signed through 2015. That has to be a major factor in our decision making.
                    Very true. I'm reluctant on giving up LoMo, I am much more willing to give up Cogz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                      Very true. I'm reluctant on giving up LoMo, I am much more willing to give up Cogz.
                      If we're not going to play him at 2B by next year, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                        Glad someone agrees with me. I just wish we could do one or the other, not both Ricky and LoMo.

However, I still would be hesitant to give up James because past him, we don't have anything that projects better than him but we may be forced to. Ricky, James, Cogs, Leo. Again, I wish we could sub in someone for James but it's unlikely.
                        That's really a pretty crappy offer for Upton. I'd do that in a heartbeat, if I were the Marlins.

A package with Chris Coghlan as the main piece for Upton is pretty much nothing more than a dream.

I'm pretty sure that's nowhere near close to getting it done.

(which is actually one of the main reasons why I could care less for Upton, at this point. We'd have to give up a lot for him, and I think the team is fine without him, really)

Comment

• Nolasco, not Coghlan, is the main piece in that deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                            Nolasco, not Coghlan, is the main piece in that deal.
                            Either way, not a good offer.

Comment

• The Red Sox seem to be going hard after Crawford/Werth. Hopefully they will sign one before the Winter Meetings so the demands for Upton go down. We would be the main suitors in this case, considering past rumors.

I think Upton for Nolasco, Cogz, Nuñez, and Marinez would be enough if the demands go down.

For the Fish:

Upton gives the fish a great 4-5th hitter, as well as defender.

For the D-Backs:

Nolasco is a #2-3 starter with very good stuff, who can win anywhere from 13-15+ wins

Cogz can play LF or 2B, he's an above average defender and he will hit anywhere from .265-.285+ with average pop and above average speed.

Nuñez has very good stuff as a closer, but he needs to learn when to use his pitches.

Marinez is going to be a great reliever; he has some nasty stuff. He can ultimately be a dominant closer.

In the end I'm not sure if we are better off with or without Upton. We are giving up a lot, but we do need a CF'er, because Cogz is not the answer at CF.

Comment

• I don't see any way we get Upton without giving up Morrison.

Comment

Working...
                                X