No announcement yet.

Justin Upton for Morrison, Nolasco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bullpen does look sexy. What's the chances we resign Ohman?

Comment

0? We don't need him

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
        This thread is awfully similar to the Manny-o-palooza a couple of years ago and I fear that nothing is going to come of it.
        We should all be very happy that nothing came from that Manny deal.

Comment

Well yes but at the time, the buzz was at a high.

Comment

I think it was more fear than buzz

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              C John Buck $6,000,000
              1B Gaby Sanchez $420,000
              2B Omar Infante $3,000,000
              3B Dominguez $420,000
              SS Hanley Ramirez $11,000,000
              LF Chris Coghlan $410,000
              CF Justin Upton $4,250,000
              RF Mike Stanton $420,000
              B Bonifacio $410,000
              B John Baker $430,000
              B Wes Helms $1,000,000
              B Veteran Lefty $410,000
              B Veteran Outfielder $410,000

SP Josh Johnson $7,750,000
              SP Javier Vazquez $7,000,000
              SP Chris Volstad $430,000
              SP Anibal Sanchez $2,250,000
              SP Alejandro Sanabia $420,000
              RP Clay Hensley $1,750,000
              RP Edward Mujica $1,000,000
              RP Brian Sanches $430,000
              RP Ryan Webb $430,000
              RP Jose Ceda $410,000
              RP Mike Dunn $410,000
              RP Veteran Lefty $410,000

$51,870,000

Man. It works. It works. God damnit, it works and it's not going to happen :'(
              Lmao.. I think Javier Vazquez won't even make that much, he had a pretty blah year.

The 4th outfielder will probably be Cousins who makes minimum as well, and the extra money leaves us with enough to spend on a veteran bat as well as bp arm.

Good job on the numbers Bob, makes us even more excited at the possibility, but obviously there's a long ways to go!

Comment

It's a shame that no one even mentions Ozzie Martinez. I'd be much more comfortable with him at 2B and Infante at 3B than starting Dominguez opening day.

Comment

Maybe he isn't mentioned cuz he's gonna be traded!

rumorspix4spexandotherstuffabouttradesandhotstoves andbellybuttons

Comment

did you get that off of Twitter too?

Comment

• I think your forgetting that when Adrian was traded Jason Stokes was a similar ranked prospect at the same level and played the same position. It just happened to be a toss up between who would be traded. Despite having 2 first basemen again at the same level, it is not the same situation.

After the moves that have been made so far you have to think there is more to come. What I think should be done is one of CC, Logan, or Gaby needs to be traded along with Leo and Rabelo and possibly some other crappy relievers. The crappy relievers are either going to be throw ins or just need to be exchanged for younger versions of themselves. Rabelo and Leo need to be moved and to get something better in return the team should be trying to package the 2 or 3 including one of CC, Logan, Gaby or a 1 player from each set. Logan's name is simply out there because he has the most value, meaning he should bring the best return. Gaby simply doesn't have the value that the other 2 do so you immediately cross him off the list and are left with Logan and CC. I'd love to say I would rather trade CC than Logan because I think Logan will be the better overall player but I can't. CC simply has more value to the club. The organization has shown they are fine with him in LF and they are willing to play him in CF, despite whether these are good ideas it doesn't matter. And your LF would be a push at worst with Logan, I would think. Both are actually infielders. Logan is a 1B but Gaby plays 1B and isn't about to disappear and he can't play anywhere else so Logan has to be moved and the only other option is LF for him. CC was brought through the system as a 2B and the club has just traded the player who was blocking him, CC also played 3B in college, his arm may be subpar but I think he could be an effective stopgap until Doming.

So in theory CC could potentially play 2B, 3B, LF, and CF and Logan can only play 1B and LF. 1B is already marked as Gaby and that isn't a foreseeable change. LF would most likely be either Logan or CC. 2B is currently a toss up between Boner, CC, and Infante and 3B is the same toss up with the addition of possibly Doming. CF currently looks like the biggest hole as the current names are Cousins, Boner and CC.

So whether or not CC can play these positions well, he simply has more versatility than Logan. If you really want to look at it they both come from positions of strengths although CC's counterparts are more suited for bench roles while Logan's are more serviceable pieces.

So if you identify CF as the biggest hole and you find someone to fill that role who will be as productive as Logan, you should trade Logan for him. As long as the trade is able to keep the rest of the roster static other than crappy relievers, Leo and Rabelo and the team will improve. As the rumor says Nolasco would be another piece of the but as others have mentioned Nolasco could be replaced easily via free agency with salary freed up so the team would essentially remain static.

So trade Logan, Nolasco and some other pieces for Upton.
                      Jettison Nunez and Rabelo.
                      Sign a SP to replace Nolasco
                      At this point your team would simply be better defensively if Upton=Logan offensively
                      Add a LF and the club immediately improves and has a lot more quality options on the bench
                      Add another legitimate starter and the club is filthy and probably doesn't need that LF option
                      Add a SP, LF and a LH reliever or filthy backend RH and how does the club not look the most complete in at least 5 years.
                      See money is probably an issue when it gets to adding these extras at the end so if they have to add one player the most positive impact is either a Left handed pitcher or a Lefty to play LF.

Comment

• Stop mentioning Rabelo, he is not worth a bag of balls and he isn't apart of this team anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                          Stop mentioning Rabelo, he is not worth a bag of balls and he isn't apart of this team anyway.
                          Thats exactly the point. He needs to be gone and if its for a 40 year old in A ball straight up you do it.

Comment

• She'll say I'm not so tough because I'm in love with an Upton girl.

This would be awesome. Seriously. For real. Imma cry if yall get my hopes up and nothing happens. There will be tears. LoMo and Nolasco are cool and all, but yeah no.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                              Thats exactly the point. He needs to be gone and if its for a 40 year old in A ball straight up you do it.
                              no like, he's not in the organization

Comment

• Yeah the Rabelo stuff threw me off. He was gone like a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X