Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he knew what he was getting into.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      He also walks a ton and before this year hit for very good power.
      walks- the chance of them translating as high as they are are really low. they generally only translate on two circumstances: You have massive power, or great contact ability (ala Logan). He has very poor contact rate, and guys with that high of K rates are always troublesome.

And power, not really. ISO by season:
      2007: .179
      2008: .185
      2009: .227
      2010: .185

1) One of these things is not like the others. Reason? Park. Hagers is hitters park, others are neutral.

2) His one big year wasn't really "very good power." It's basic power hitting range. He's probably a ~.175 ISO guy (Above average power) but probably only hits .200+ (power hitter range) in prime and such if he develops completely correctly.

I don't have access to my spreadsheets for easy ability to produce a line but quick eyeballing, with drop in walk rates, and your general raise in K rates/drop in babip/etc that almost always comes from minors -> majors, He's probably something like .240/.340/.415/.755. That's real nice from a C, especially with his defense. He's very much a good prospect and it'd be awesome if we get him. But he likely aint a supah star. He certainly got potential to grow off that but he also got a good bust potential with that high K rate.

Like him more than JP though. Big power numbers in a hitters park for the PCL which is already a hitters league and people love him again. I mean, BB/K did increase. But he still don't walk and still strikes out more than you'd want.
      Last edited by nny; 11-16-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody Ross Chant View Post
        I think he knew what he was getting into.
        I'm not 100% sold on that idea

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
          Nothing in that article suggests that 4/$52 is fair value for Uggla. Dan Uggla is not Chase Utley.
          Are you suggesting that by making comparisons to MVP-caliber players that were signed at younger ages to smaller contracts, he does not effectively make the case that a player who never has been and never will be MVP material, who is also in his 30s, and likely just peaked, should get a bigger contract?

You're crazy man. I like you, but you're crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            I'm not 100% sold on that idea
            They were both extended and promoted on the same day. If Hill agreed to stay believing he would have Beinfest's former responsibilities with Beinfest serving as President of Baseball Operations it was a huge failure in logic on his part.

Comment

• I think he gets it, I just don't know if I think he thinks he'd still be sitting here as 2nd fiddle at this juncture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody Ross Chant View Post
                Why do people cite MLBTR?

It is Rotoworld with less credibility.
                Not that I think we're talking about the NY Times or anything, but MLBTR has gotten significantly better the last 3-4 years, and I think it's on par with rotoworld as a news blurb information consolidator.

The comment/message boards though.... it makes MB look like MENSA

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  I think he gets it, I just don't know if I think he thinks he'd still be sitting here as 2nd fiddle at this juncture.
                  As in, Beinfest still being with the organization instead of with a higher revenue team?

I can get behind that.

Comment

• Yea, that

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
                      Are you suggesting that by making comparisons to MVP-caliber players that were signed at younger ages to smaller contracts, he does not effectively make the case that a player who never has been and never will be MVP material, who is also in his 30s, and likely just peaked, should get a bigger contract?

You're crazy man. I like you, but you're crazy.
                      Guilty as charged.

Comment

• I decided not to press charges.

Comment

• I object!

Comment

• Nolasco and marlins are working on a 3yr deal.
                            Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                            Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                            Tom Koehler(4-0)
                            AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• I asked Mike Hill about it a few years ago (when he got promoted and his role with the team) and he said that they all work as a "team" on transactions.

Just something I can add in.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                                Nolasco and marlins are working on a 3yr deal.
                                Source? Also, wrong thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X