Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casual fans are stupid, the marlins should not run their team based on pleasing the casual fan, because it leads to bad baseball moves.

The casual fans would of sign Dtrain to a long term contract.
    Originally posted by Matt Wilson
    Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
    Tom Koehler(4-0)
    AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• I believe they have a budget that they are attempting to fit Uggla under. I do not think that budget will change if Uggla doesn't want to sign. They will either pay him for '10 or they will spend it somewhere else.
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
        Casual fans are stupid, the marlins should not run their team based on pleasing the casual fan, because it leads to bad baseball moves.

The casual fans would of sign Dtrain to a long term contract.
        That's a great way to run a business; "We don't give a shit what you, the customer, want. We're going to do whatever the fuck we want to and if you don't come into our establishment, who cares." Try opening a business like that and see how long you stay open.

Comment

• I wish Rafael Soriano wasn't a type A. He'd be a nice one year deal if that Uggla money was burning a hole in our imaginary pocket.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
          That's a great way to run a business; "We don't give a shit what you, te customer, want. We're going to do whatever the fuck we want to and if you don't come into our establishment, who cares." Try opening a business like that and see how long you stay open.
          McDonalds slogan before Ba Da Ba Ba Ba.
          Last edited by jOOj; 11-15-2010, 06:59 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• I hope we just keep Uggla and let him walk heading into the new stadium because then people would be happy that we didn't trade him and that goodwill will convert the casual fan that does not go to games. Also, trading him for lesser pieces and using other money to sign guys that are not Dan Uggla that may possibly make the team better, does not work. Winning games without Dan Uggla is not how you get people excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
              And you believe them? When have they ever gone out and paid to get good talent? And, if you're only talking about spending $12 million dollars out 3-4 players, you're not talking about getting top talent anyway.

And the fans not coming to the games is EXACTLY my point. You expect them to show up to the new stadium after they pull the same shit that they've pulled with every good player we've ever had (not named Hanley or JJ)? They're supposed to be building interest in the team to get fans into the new ballpark. Trading away one if the most recognizable names on the team is not going to do that. The die hard fans will come no matter what. They need to convert to get the casual fans.
              This is just chock full of awfulness.

They offered him a long-term contract. A very pricey one. He dun rejected it. Are you suggesting that the only way to keep fans engaged is to sign Uggla for a stupid deal? If so, I hope we engage zero fans.

People are not stupid. They can read between the lines. This is not the same case as in the past with regard to player salaries. The offer rejection has gotten a lot of publicity. If people make the same conclusions about trading Uggla as trading Cabrera, they are sub-retarded and probably say things like ARP SAME OLD CHEAP BASTARDS ARP. I don't care about their fanhood.

Comment

That's a great way to run a business; "We don't give a shit what you, the customer, want. We're going to do whatever the fuck we want to and if you don't come into our establishment, who cares." Try opening a business like that and see how long you stay open.
                Well, it's more like "We run this restaurant and you like that waitress with the big cans and the limp. Unfortunately, she wants to be paid way more than she is worth, given her limp, so we're going to let her go to another restaurant 500 miles away. If you want to see her and her cans, go over there, but we're about the get really, really good food, so you'll be back."
                poop

Comment

OH MY GOD

The customer in this case wants to see the best team on the field and if trading Dan Uggla is most best, they can and should do that. The customer gon like it.

Just because there are a contingent of people saying ARP THE IPHONE SHOULD HAVE A FART LEVEL ARP doesn't mean Apple should build one

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
                    This is just chock full of awfulness.

They offered him a long-term contract. A very pricey one. He dun rejected it. Are you suggesting that the only way to keep fans engaged is to sign Uggla for a stupid deal? If so, I hope we engage zero fans.

People are not stupid. They can read between the lines. This is not the same case as in the past with regard to player salaries. The offer rejection has gotten a lot of publicity. If people make the same conclusions about trading Uggla as trading Cabrera, they are sub-retarded and probably say things like ARP SAME OLD CHEAP BASTARDS ARP. I don't care about their fanhood.
                    Well, I'll say this, I don't care about their fanhood, but the team cares about the money. Fortunately, these are the types of fans who buy the tickets of playoff teams with players they can't name, so we really don't need to make roster decisions based on them.
                    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by kylekash View Post
                      because those sure fire a+ prospects worked out so well in the past for us?

Personally, I'd rather get something useful that is ML ready than some potentially good a prospects that are a few years away.
                      Except it didn't say that. It merely said a "couple of decent guys." I don't want prospects, either, but I want ML talent that can actually, you know, contribute?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        Well, I'll say this, I don't care about their fanhood, but the team cares about the money. Fortunately, these are the types of fans who buy the tickets of playoff teams with players they can't name, so we really don't need to make roster decisions based on them.
                        Okay, you want to go down that road; how was our attendance in 1998 and 2004? How many of those fans that can't name the players showed up the next year?

And, again, you can't look at this in a vacuum of Uggla just turning down the 4 year deal. If the Miller and Maybin trades had not just reopened the bitterness about the Cabrera trade and the whole Cody getting released for nothing, than this wouldn't be such a big deal. When you put them all together, trading Uggla now has the potential to do a hell of a lot more harm than to try to trade him at the deadline. It would be different if we were getting some good, high talent players for him but all this trade would do is bring in a bunch of mediocre players. Even with the money you save from Uggla's contract. If you're spending that on 3-4 free agents, you're getting mediocre players.

Comment

• You are ignoring the new stadium in that equation, and everything that brings with it, including better ability to keep players and a better fan experience (and the whole "new stadium honeymoon").

It is far more important to be good in 2012-2014 to take advantage of the new stadium than to keep Dan Uggla right now.

Dan Uggla is not bringing people the ballpark, and the Marlins are probably already at the point where nothing they do is going to negatively affect attendance in the short term.

They need to do what is best for the product on the field. If they deem that to be keeping Uggla, then they should do that, but they should not do that because of the whims of a shallow fan base.
                          poop

Comment

• Those fans will be pissed whether we traded Uggla now (for reasons you pointed out
                            ), during the trading deadline (ARG we still have a chance, why are we giving up now-Fip), or after letting him walk after the season.

Point is, their is no way to continually please those fans, that why their reactions to any baseball move shouldnt be taken seriously.
                            Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                            Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                            Tom Koehler(4-0)
                            AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• I once had a friend who said, and I quote "If they trade Cliff Floyd, I'm done with the team" idiot.
                              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• We have to trust in Beinfest. Remember we are trying to field a team that relies on pitching and defense for next year. If Uggla would've rejected a 4/42 offer then ok, but rejecting 4/48? GTFO Ugz, he is obviously still pissed Cody left.

I don't know what Catcher we could possible look at from the teams mentioned.

If we would be able to trade Nunez and Ugz for Rasmus, I think I would go crazy and I'll forever forgive Beinfest for the Cabs D-Train and Cody moves.

Comment

Working...
                                X