Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken_Rosenthal New Uggla story coming soon on FOXSports.com. #Marlins plan to trade him. #Nationals, #Tigers, #Braves, #BlueJays among clubs involved. #MLB
    Blue jays and Braves are new
    Originally posted by Matt Wilson
    Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
    Tom Koehler(4-0)
    AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Ricky Romero!

Comment

• Updated Nov 14, 2010 10:26 AM ET
        The Marlins, unable to reach agreement on a contract extension with Dan Uggla, plan to trade the second baseman, according to major-league sources.

The team is "down the road" with several clubs in trade discussions, and a deal could happen within the next week, one source said.

The Marlins plan to increase payroll in 2011. If they move Uggla, they would reinvest the savings of the projected $10 million-plus salary he would receive in arbitration, likely adding a catcher and starting pitcher in free agency.

The team then would rebuild around pitching and defense. Chris Coghlan is expected to move to center, replacing Cameron Maybin, whom the Marlins traded to the Padres on Saturday for two relievers. Emilio Bonifacio would replace Uggla at second, and top prospect Matt Dominguez would take over at third.

Their lineup could look something like this:

Coghlan, CF
        Logan Morrison, LF
        Hanley Ramirez, SS
        Mike Stanton, RF
        Gaby Sanchez, 1B
        Free agent to be determined, C
        Dominguez, 3B
        Bonifacio, 2B

The Marlins still could sign Uggla to an extension if they add a fifth guaranteed year to their offer of a four-year, $48 million extension, or if the sides compromise in some other way.

But with talks at an impasse, it might behoove the Marlins to trade Uggla quickly. Teams will lose payroll flexibility once they start signing free agents.
        I think that lineup is the worst case scenerio if they dont get a catcher or a centerfielder in the uggla and nunez's trades.

Like if the marlins get andrew jackson, CC moves to 3B, Boner plays 2B till Dominguez is ready.
        Last edited by Fish and Chips; 11-14-2010, 09:40 AM.
        Tom Koehler(4-0)
        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Why would we put Coghlan, a natural second baseman who has never played centerfield, in centerfield and Bonifacio, who has played centerfield, at second? That's retarded.

And why wouldn't Detroit trade with us. They know how to fleece us. They did it once already. I'm sure they'd be able to do it again.

Comment

• I wouldn't like to trade within the NL east. I like Jackson, he is what Maybin was supposed to be; I wonder if what else we will get from Detroit. I would love to acquire Ellsbury though, that would top the cake.

Comment

• Nats are a interesting trade partner. They have two good young catching prospects in Derek Norris and Wilson Ramos.

Jays too they have J.P Arencibia, Jeroloman, d'arnaud, Chris Perez
              Last edited by Fish and Chips; 11-14-2010, 09:59 AM.
              Tom Koehler(4-0)

Comment

• Some thoughts from Joe Capozzi via his Twitter account;

joecapMARLINS: Expect #Marlins to actively shop Dan Uggla at GM mtgs this week. And like last year, their demands will b high.

joecapMARLINS: Heard, as has been reported, that #Tigers have interest in Dan Uggla but I'm not under impression he's a must-have guy for them #Marlins

joecapMARLINS: I'm not ready to give up yet on #Marlins not signing Dan Uggla. Still time, although both sides r very bitter at each other

joecapMARLINS: To those asking. my hunch -- just a hunch -- is #marlins end up signing Uggla to 4yr deal Stay tuned!

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                  Why would we put Coghlan, a natural second baseman who has never played centerfield, in centerfield and Bonifacio, who has played centerfield, at second? That's retarded.

And why wouldn't Detroit trade with us. They know how to fleece us. They did it once already. I'm sure they'd be able to do it again.
                  Because national writers don't know the intricacies of clubs like the Marlins and they have to base their opinions based on what has been said recently and not reality.

Comment

• I just can't see Uggla backing off of his five-year stance at this point unless we somehow cave and offer him some more $$$ over four years.

Comment

• Fuck that.

Comment

• Exactly.

Comment

• They could probably work something out if they offer Uggla sometype of option for a 5th year.

Comment

• Doubt Tigers trade Jackson. I can see guys like Andy Oliver, Brayan Villareal, Alex Avila Daniel Fields eing available in a package of 2 or 3 players.
                            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• No more spects from the Tigers please.

Comment

• You really have to question the organization if they view Coghlan as a center fielder.

I mean. It's really easy to put him at 2B or 3B. Really easy. If you want to sign Dan, and you love Dominguez, the answer is to TRADE HIM and get a real center fielder. That'll be a super easy deal as 25 other teams in baseball would love a young long term lefty second baseman for an outfielder.

This shit never ceases to amaze me. I wonder what Coghlan thinks. I bet he hates these loonies and asks Jesus nightly why he is testing him like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X