Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My point is that those are some of the general fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      I don't think the Marlins take any PR hit since he turned down $48 million.

This isn't the Marlins being cheap. This is Dan Uggla making a strong commitment to go to a state where gay marriages are legal so he can wear a pretty dress as he looks deeply into his own reflection off Cody's head and tells him, I love you.

Comment

• gon be fun when Uggz joins the Mets.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
          Marlins dot com doesn't count as inside info.

A random guy on twitter, on the other hand, does.
          are you suggesting that my info was based from the Marlins website?

if so, I will gladly shit in your mouth

if not, I will still do it, but not as gladly

Comment

• Comment

• Uggla looks like a deer in headlights.. The convo before the pic. Hey Dan your the bitch tonite!

Comment

• The most disappointing yet unsurprising part of that picture is that Uggla wears Affliction shirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  are you suggesting that my info was based from the Marlins website?

if so, I will gladly shit in your mouth

if not, I will still do it, but not as gladly
                  Maybe I was, but it's likely I wasn't.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• okay.

Comment

• LoMoMarlins Logan Morrison
                      Happy for Maybin! Also happy for the fish. This might make it easier for them to sign dan believe it or not!
                      http://twitter.com/lomomarlins

Gotta say that I'm kind of unclear on that concept.

Comment

• he's a ballplayer, therefore he's an idiot

Comment

• FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal lists the Tigers, Nationals, Braves, Cardinals, Giants, Red Sox and Orioles as teams that could have interest in trading for Dan Uggla.

We know that the Tigers have already contacted the Marlins to express their interest, and at least two other unidentified National League teams have done so, as well. Rosenthal mentions the possibility that Uggla could be moved to third base or left field on a new team. Wherever he ends up, we should probably consider it an upset if he plays second base for the duration of a long-term contract. He'll turn 31 in March and is already considered a below average defender at second. Nov. 14 - 8:20 am et
                          Source: MLB Buzz

Comment

• full article

If the Marlins intend to trade second baseman Dan Uggla, they’ll probably want to do it quickly. Uggla stands to earn at least $10 million in his final year of arbitration, and teams will lose payroll flexibility once they start signing free agents.

The Marlins still could sign Uggla to an extension if they add a fifth guaranteed year to their offer of a four-year, $48 million extension, sources say. However, with talks at an impasse, the team’s entertaining trade proposals.

If Uggla’s dealt, he could end up at another position, perhaps third base or left field.

His potential suitors include:

Tigers – In need of a second baseman and additional power, they recently contacted the Marlins to express interest in Uggla, sources say.

Nationals – They, too, have shown interest in Uggla, according to sources. GM Mike Rizzo, in a previous job as the Diamondbacks’ scouting director, selected Uggla in the 11th round of the 2001 draft. He could help replace the power the Nats will lose if free-agent first baseman Adam Dunn departs for another club.

Braves – Fredi Gonzalez, previously with the Marlins, is the Braves’ new manager. The Braves, in the past, have viewed Uggla as an option at third. They currently are unsettled at the position with Chipper Jones attempting a comeback from major knee surgery.

Cardinals – The team seems more likely to pursue a free-agent second baseman such as Orlando Hudson or a versatile infielder like Juan Uribe or Miguel Tejada. All would be more affordable than Uggla, who might make more sense as a free-agent acquisition next offseason if the Cardinals lose Albert Pujols as a free agent and need to replace his power.

Giants – The left side of their infield is unsettled, but at this point the Giants intend Pablo Sandoval to be their third baseman. The club talked about acquiring Uggla to play third last offseason, but have yet to renew contact with the Marlins, a source said.

Red Sox – The Sox briefly showed interest in Uggla last offseason as a potential replacement for free-agent left fielder Jason Bay. This time, he’d be no more than a secondary option in either left or at third. The Sox will focus on free agents such as Carl Crawford, Jayson Werth and Adrian Beltre first.

Orioles – They’ve discussed Uggla internally, sources say, but not to the extent they did last season, when they considered him an option at third base. Josh Bell, acquired from the Dodgers in July 2009, now looms as the heir apparent at that position.

Two other teams in need of offense aren’t interested in Uggla, sources say: The Cubs, who’d prefer a first baseman and left-handed hitter; and the Angels, whose manager, Mike Scioscia, prefers strong defensive infielders.
                            - Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi
                            http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/mlbbuzz

Comment

• I have no idea what the Tigers could trade us. Schlereth? Coke? Oliver? Why would we trade him in the division right now. Cards could maybe work with Anderson, Lynn, and some others but it's still not in their best interest. Giants will resign Huff and won't bench Panda. Red Sox are going to have to strike out on a lot of free agents first, which won't happen. And the Orioles have tons of young pitching and Felix Pie is a cool idea for a developmental CF candidate as they have Jones and can shift Reimold to LF.

So yea, getting young pitching and Felix Pie, or some lefty relievers from Detroit. If that's the list, maybe they do pay him arbitration and just recoup the draft picks.

Comment

• Austin Jackson. Not that I want him, but I assume he's the guy we'd ask for from Detroit.

Comment

Working...
                                X