This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
    Do you think the general fanbase gives a crap that he turned down 4/48? Most of them probably don't even realize that's more than he's worth. I'm talking about the general fanbase here. Most of us here didn't go ballistic on the Cody Ross waiver thing but the general fanbase did. It's a matter of image.
    These are the same people complaining about Cody not getting a 3-4 year deal this February at Fan Fest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      offer unofficially pulled

/inside info
      Good fucking riddance
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

• The FO has been trying to build he team and fan interest going into the new ballpark. How does trading Uggla do that? It looks like every other trade this team has made. Player X is getting too expensive? See ya! Unless the FO wants attendance to continue to suck in the new ballpark, they need to make some kind of effort to make it look like things will change with the new ballpark. Otherwise, all this "we're going to have a mid-range payroll in the new stadium" talk looks just like the team is blowing smoke.

Comment

• Who gives a shit what it looks like? We offered him an above-market deal. He turned it down. The team that gives him 5/60 will be stupid and I'd rather not be that team.

Comment

• If they trade Uggla and Maybin but also spend that money saved on free agents it'll be fine.

Comment

The only thing with trading him is that is not a great message to send to your fanbase when you're moving into a new stadium. The wounds from the whole Cody Ross thing are still fresh in the minds of a lot of the fans. To trade Uggla in the wake of that would make things worse and not be good for season ticket sales for the new stadium.
              Dan Uggla is not Hanley Ramirez, Josh Johnson, or Alfredo Amezaga. No one will miss him - especially if he doesn't want to play here.
              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
              - Daft

Comment

• teehee Amezaga.

Comment

• Rich and Tommy wouldn't need to tell everyone what his name is anymore.

Comment

• Which will be the absolute best part of this whole thing
                    - Daft

Comment

• And before anyone says it, I'm not advocating overpaying him. Just trading him. He has 1 more year of arbitration. A deal does not have to get done now. If they can't cone to terms on a deal, hold off on trade talks until the trade deadline next year and then re-evaluate everything.

Comment

• If you're worried about PR, though, the safest bet is to move him during the offseason in my opinion.
                        - Daft

Comment

And before anyone says it, I'm not advocating overpaying him. Just trading him. He has 1 more year of arbitration. A deal does not have to get done now. If they can't cone to terms on a deal, hold off on trade talks until the trade deadline next year and then re-evaluate everything.
                          Then you're taking a risk of his trade value dropping significantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs Bunny View Post
                            Dan Uggla is not Hanley Ramirez, Josh Johnson, or Alfredo Amezaga. No one will miss him - especially if he doesn't want to play here.
                            Go look at the comments in the article on the Marlins site. Almost everyone of those people have something in there about not wanting to trade him.

Again, he's still team controlled for next year. He diesn't have to be traded right now if a deal can't be reached.

Comment

• The type of people who comment on articles posted on a website are generally really dumb and their opinion isn't indicative of any group except "stupid people."

Comment

• I don't think the Marlins take any PR hit since he turned down $48 million.

This isn't the Marlins being cheap. This is Dan Uggla making a strong commitment to go to a state where gay marriages are legal so he can wear a pretty dress as he looks deeply into his own reflection off Cody's head and tells him, I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X