Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fists and Baseballs Fly. Marlins Win 16-10.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Fists and Baseballs Fly. Marlins Win 16-10.

We won!

They say anything on Marlins Live yet?

Comment

Probably said stuff

Comment

Conine said we shouldn't have thrown at him the 2nd time. Gaby closelined him in response.

Comment

Also, to continue from the game thread. Morgan dropping F-bombs coming off the field wasn't necessary but at the same time, I really don't care about a guy's character. I want someone who plays hard and tries to put the team in the best position possible to win the game. As a neutral observer, my biggest issue with Morgan would be that in the two plate collisions (StL and here) he was more concerned with contact than touching the plate. I don't think there was anything "dirty" about what he did, just dumb. He thought a collision was more likely to allow him to score than an evasive slide. His call, ultimately the wrong one, but his call.

As for the SB thing, come on, you've got to try to get back in the game if you're down. Doing it the way he did it will probably tick off the other team, but so what, do it until they stop you.

Comment

Seriously. The writers are busy talking to people. I was just hoping you guys could give me the information faster.

Comment

What information?
              --------------------
              Originally posted by Swift View Post
              Also, to continue from the game thread. Morgan dropping F-bombs coming off the field wasn't necessary but at the same time, I really don't care about a guy's character. I want someone who plays hard and tries to put the team in the best position possible to win the game. As a neutral observer, my biggest issue with Morgan would be that in the two plate collisions (StL and here) he was more concerned with contact than touching the plate. I don't think there was anything "dirty" about what he did, just dumb. He thought a collision was more likely to allow him to score than an evasive slide. His call, ultimately the wrong one, but his call.

As for the SB thing, come on, you've got to try to get back in the game if you're down. Doing it the way he did it will probably tick off the other team, but so what, do it until they stop you.
              I did think his contact at the plate during the weekend was kinda dirty
              Last edited by Beef; 09-01-2010, 09:59 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

What did Edwin say? What did Volstad say? What did Gaby say? Anybody hurt? That kind of thing.

Comment

Why does it matter what was said, it'll just be generic cliches about "doing the right thing" "respecting the game" "standing up for our guy" and on and on.

Comment

i enjoyed watching gaby closeline him

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                      What did Edwin say? What did Volstad say? What did Gaby say? Anybody hurt? That kind of thing.
                      Oh, you care bout lots of things that don't matter.

Comment

Because I still want to here it. I also really don't want anyone to be hurt.

Never mind. I'll get it from Sportscenter.
                        --------------------
                        Capozzi is beginning to tweet now.
                        Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 09-01-2010, 10:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

If you notice after both stolen bases, Nyjer mumbled some choice expletives. Going head first both times also made a difference i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                            Why does it matter what was said, it'll just be generic cliches about "doing the right thing" "respecting the game" "standing up for our guy" and on and on.
                            This is exactly what they said.

Comment

I'll wait for Juan C. Rodriguez's tweets. That guy is the best in the biz at not knowing stuff and giving me information I have no use for.

Comment

Working...
                              X