No announcement yet.

Cody Ross to Giants, Maybin to be recalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny that he cares about how he was acquired. Would he be happier if he were traded for a mid-level prospect that he's never heard of?
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

We got him for $1.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        And the Marlins front office couldn't care less.
        Should they?
        poop

Comment

I wasn't saying they should. It was more of a general statement, Im not upset that they don't care.

Comment

Ross, 29, figured he had been traded. When he found out later that he was let go on a waiver claim — let go for nothing but a savings of $1.1 million — he became, in his own words, “bitter and upset.”

“A slap in the face,” Ross called it as he walked out of Citizens Bank Park on a cool October evening.

Comment

A little too fast, but I like it

Comment

Cody Ross just went from being non-tendered to getting a good amount of money in arbitration because of performing on the "big stage". If anything, he should be sucking the FO's dick for letting him go.

Comment

"Cody Ross" is the top trending search on Yahoo as I type this. I guess he's kind of a big deal.

Comment

Can you blame him for feeling bitter? The fact that we indirectly "did him a favor" is irrelevant, because we still tossed him aside like he was garbage; that's why he's pissed.

Comment

Welcome to the business side of sports.

Comment

Welcome to the business side of sports.
                        And? He doesn't have a right to be bitter then?

Comment

Bitter for what? Taking something personal that actually improved his chances of getting a better deal next season.

Comment

Bitter for what? Taking something personal that actually improved his chances of getting a better deal next season.
                            Because the Marlins certainly wanted to improve his chances of getting a better deal next season. Again, that part of it is irrelevant. We dumped him for nothing. If you were an athlete and a team dumped you for nothing, you'd be bitter, too.

Comment

Not really.

Comment

I understand him being somewhat bitter, but the move by the Fish was completely warranted, so whatevs. It is human nature to be bitter and play the no respect card, but it's also nice to stop and think about things.

Comment

Working...
                                X