No announcement yet.

Starting Pitchers, Waivers, and The Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a little confused with any trade after July 31st. It was said earlier, that we might add a bat, how would this work if the waiver wire already passed?

Comment

• The waiver wire deadline (for postseason eligibility) is supposedly midnight tonight. I'd be shocked if we added anything of note

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
        Big month for Chris Coghlan, who got his 46th hit in August on Sunday — the most in any month by a National League rookie since Wally Moon had 52 for the Cardinals in July 1954.

A TV reporter asked Coghlan if he’d ever heard of Wally Moon. The Marlins rookie smiled: “You’re going ask me on camera I if I know him? I do not. No disrespect to him.”

Moon went on to win the NL Rookie of the Year Award in ‘54. Coghlan is making a strong case to win the award this year.
        Somewhat interesting is that Wally Moon at that bad of a comp for Coghlan. It'd be on the high end though. Since Wally had high teen - 20+ HR power, and a career .157 ISO.

But a career .289/.371/.445/.817 line with 11.7% BB/12.2 K%.

Comment

• Not a pitcher but interesting nonetheless

• Deals That Never Happened, Chapter 2: We're hearing the Marlins were one of several clubs that made a run at Mike Cameron before the Aug. 31 deadline, only to have the Brewers back off on dealing Cameron or anyone else. The rumblings some clubs got were that Brewers owner Mark Attanasio decided that while they might not be able to catch the Cardinals in the next month, it was worth hanging onto guys like Cameron and Trevor Hoffman if they could just pass the Cubs.
          http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/column...umblings090903

Comment

Working...
          X