Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobby V: If this is a Major League Process I Hope I'm Never in the Process Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't fire your current manager until you're on the same page as your incoming manager?

Comment

Unavoidable might not be the best word to use, but it was not going to be easy. They are in a situation where they don't know what they are doing with the team this year, they don't know what they are doing with the team before the stadium comes, the team fucking sucks but some reason they think the team can maybe be good with basically no changes. You will have a situation where you cannot know that you definitely want to hire this guy or that guy, because it all depends what you are going to do with your crappy team and when you plan on doing whatever you are going to do with your crappy team.

Of course everyone is shitting on robbob because he didnt play the ESPNradio assume what happened in a situation and then throw piss-filled balloons at the guy you choose to blame, but there are lots of things that may have happened. Maybe Bobby Vee figured he was a shoe-in for the job and that having to go through any process at all was a slap in the face. I don't know. Neither do you. I know, we can assume based on the history that Marlins are wrong, piss-filled balloons. Who cares, so we didnt sign a crappy manager, it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
        Don't fire your current manager until you're on the same page as your incoming manager?
        maybe they thought the team really was simply better off without fredi no matter what?

If they had never announced Bobby V as a candidate would we be mad? Is it only because it had been reported that he was the favorite and it didn't work out and Bobby threw a mini-fit?

I can't imagin anyone is actually upset that we have Edwin Rodriguez instead of Bobby Valentine.
        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-30-2010, 08:28 PM.
        poop

Comment

I think that the annoying thing is that (again) in the eye of the public, the Marlins organization looks like a joke (right or wrong). I mean, Bobby Valentine threw the Marlins under the bus last night on national television. This doesn't happen that often.

And if Bobby went in the meetings and was a horse's ass and demanded insane things, then Samson or someone needs to come out and back the organization up.

Comment

Isn't it kind of "classless" to play the he said he said game?
            poop

Comment

Maybe.

Still think if the Marlins are not in the wrong here, someone should say something. Marlins are a pretty big joke right now (when aren't they?)

Comment

On the only other non-marlins forum I go to that discusses baseball, nobody has mentioned this. Is it really getting talked about? I have heard nothing.
                poop

Comment

There have been several articles blasting the marlins front office.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    On the only other non-marlins forum I go to that discusses baseball, nobody has mentioned this. Is it really getting talked about? I have heard nothing.
                    Yea, it's really being talked about the last 50 hours or so

Comment

Huh, who knew.
                      poop

Comment

me.

Comment

Umm, firing Fredi when we did made us look bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                            Samson is such a tool. Why does he still have a job?
                            We have established that is nothing to do with his mom's vagina.
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                              Maybe.

Still think if the Marlins are not in the wrong here, someone should say something. Marlins are a pretty big joke right now (when aren't they?)
                              Maybe they should, but typically the organization doesn't do shit through the media. For example, when Sosnick was trashing them over the JJ negotiations, they basically kept their mouth shut even though they looked like asses based on Sosnick's comments.

At some level it's respectable that they won't trash people through the media, no matter how big of assholes outsiders like Sosnick are being. But it really does make them look bad PR-wise.

Comment

Bob check Facebook. We need you to report what is being said on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                                X