Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobby V: If this is a Major League Process I Hope I'm Never in the Process Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just a tad hard to believe at how Bobby Valentine is not managing the Marlins right now. I don't think Bobby is any better or worse than most guys out there, but this is more about how it got to him not managing when it comes to a failure.

Bobby V isn't exactly known for throwing temper tantrums in the media. Not only that but more often than not, he's been very positive towards the Marlins organization. Something changed in the last few days.

Comment

And like I said, maybe they dicked him around.

Maybe Loria promised him in private something that the rest of the "brain trust" didn't want to agree to. That would be a reason for him to be upset to be sure.

But maybe they didn't have anything in agreement, and he started making payroll and roster management demands that the front office found unreasonable?

I had heard yesterday that he never actually made it down to Miami and met with the front office. What do we do with that information?

There's so many conflicting reports out there, I'm not just going to take one or two as gospel. Nobody knows what happened in the negotiation process except for the people involved, and until I hear both sides, I'm not willing to blame anyone for the breakdown.
      poop

Comment

Bobby V gets a taste of the Loria/Samson marinara sauce

So awesome

Comment

it's so zesty

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            I said there was no history of Samson being a tool?

I just think it's silly to say definitively what happened based on a bunch of conflicting reports and one jilted guy's rant.

Isn't it at least a little bit possible that Bobby V went in and started making a bunch of demands that the front office wasn't comfortable with and so they decided to go another route?

I know we never give the front office the benefit of the doubt on anything ever here, but I don't think we should take Bobby V's word as gospel.

Demands like what?

Don't ever allow a guy like Miguel Cabrera to walk again for the likes of Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller on my watch?

Don't ever allow Emilio Bonifacio to run the team into the ground just because he's "our guy"?

When the team is within legitimate striking distance of the wild card at the deadline go out and get a C. Lee (insert coveted player name here) type guy to push the team over the top like the rest of the NL East does around that time?

Comment

just bob being bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                Demands like what?

Don't ever allow a guy like Miguel Cabrera to walk again for the likes of Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller on my watch?

Don't ever allow Emilio Bonifacio to run the team into the ground just because he's "our guy"?

When the team is within legitimate striking distance of the wild card at the deadline go out and get a C. Lee (insert coveted player name here) type guy to push the team over the top like the rest of the NL East does around that time?
                What kind of response would you like from me here?

I'm not pretending to know what happened, I'm simply offering a possibility that is not "Loria is a fucking shit head and David Samson is retarded". I don't automatically go with the Front Office as villian storyline when the only evidence for it is that Bobby Valentine is vauguely upset.
                poop

Comment

I think Bobbob has the sanest point here in that we have no idea what happened between Bobby V and the FO. Just a disparate number of lines about how Bobby V is disappointed with his good ole' pal's organization proves nothing about the failure of Loria and the FO on this particular issue. Sure, there is a mountain of evidence proving other failures both on and off the field, but we know not what went on here. As of now, I think most of you are overreacting (which I completely understand, after watching these dudes run this team for years), but that's sort of what happens around here, I suppose.
                  Christian Yelich
                  LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                  12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                  100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                  .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

just buck being buck
                    poop

Comment

Considering the years of evidence we have with the front office, I don't think it's a vast overreaction to suggest that the organization is in the wrong here.

And if they aren't, good for them. Would be nice to see a change.

Comment

devil's advocate....what if this is a good thing and Bobby V isn't good for the organization. We pick someone in the offseason who may be better off.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                          devil's advocate....what if this is a good thing and Bobby V isn't good for the organization. We pick someone in the offseason who may be better off.
                          The White Sox choke and Ozzie is fired. We sign Ozzie.

Comment

This board is very un-Dude in our reactions to things.
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                              I don't think that would be devil's advocate in this argument

Comment

Originally posted by DropkickAlex View Post
                                The White Sox choke and Ozzie is fired. We sign Ozzie.
                                Ozzie is a doucheface who would do stuff like have Gaby and Hanley sac bunt in the first inning. The off-the-field entertainment wouldn't be worth the maddening in-game decision making.

Comment

Working...
                                X