Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobby V: If this is a Major League Process I Hope I'm Never in the Process Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil's advocate:

What does he have to lose by lying? Nothing. The rest of MLB, media and fans already believe the Marlins are all of the above. If he lied, no one would believe the Marlins.

[end]

Do I believe this is what is happening? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      He might just be frustrated by the whole process and lashing out.
      That's exactly what he's doing, and who's to blame for him being frustrated by the process?

I mean this isn't Valentine's first go round. If he had been treated properly, the way he had the previous times he'd gone through this process, and just didn't get the job, I seriously doubt he would've reacted like this.

Now to say who personally is at fault for this is asinine, we can't know for sure, but it just continues a disturbing trend for this Front Office that you'd be blind not to see.

Comment

Reason Bobby is mad is because he thought he had it worked out with Loria.

He was gonna come in on a 4 yr deal and we were gonna compete. As in spend money/go after High Priced FA/add money right away. So he withdrew from the Baltimore job. When he met with everyone,Loria told him that they(Loria,Samson,FO) had decided to hold off on adding salary until the stadium was complete and that Bobby will have to win with the roster that he has right now. On top of that they could not promise that they keep guys that were already on the roster.

In other words Bobby thought he would be managing a good team with a higher payroll for 4 years and instead was told he would be managing a team that had no interest in spending money. He was told he needed to win with a $50 mil or less payroll and he said BYE

Comment

He would have to wait 1 (one) season until payroll was expanded. That makes very little sense.

Comment

Perhaps he was making unreasonable demands?
            poop

Comment

Like?

Comment

"Expand payroll now."

Which might seem unreasonable to us because we think the team should spend more money, but obviously that would be an unreasonable demand for this FO.

If what TFJLA says is true, this is likely what happened.
                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-30-2010, 10:14 AM.
                poop

Comment

That is a reasonable demand.

Teams expanding payroll before moving into a new stadium is not unprecedented.

Comment

Maybe he was demanding a raise up to like $80mil, or something.
                    poop

Comment

According to Forbes that would have been possible.

I doubt he threw out a figure that high for 2011.

Comment

When was the last time bobbob criticized the front office? Seems like he's been apologizing for them alot recently. Or that he just likes arguing for the sake for arguing

Comment

#2.

Comment

i like how matthewilson hadda add the period cause otherwise it wouldn't let him submit it
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

wa?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                                When was the last time bobbob criticized the front office? Seems like he's been apologizing for them alot recently. Or that he just likes arguing for the sake for arguing
                                I think I'm just less critical than most. I just don't get upset about something like this, and I don't see it as some "disturbing trend". I don't think the "failure" to sign Bobby Valentine is indicative of anything other than a failed negotiation, which happens all of the time. I also don't think this is a "failure". I could really care less who the manager is, most of them are exactly the same.

I've defended the front office on stuff like "Remember when we didn't want to give JJ a 4th year", which is a stupid criticism of him because they did give him a 4th year and the only source that said they wouldn't was Sosnick, and he's a douche turd.

Maybe I'm a front office apologist. I don't know. It's certainly possible. If we get to the new stadium and they keep skimping on payroll, my tune will change, but for now I just find it hard to get mad about a lot of the stuff people here do. I think that applies to issues outside of the front office.

But am I even defending the FO here? All I'm saying is that all we've heard is conflicting reports and Bobby V's rant, and that's hardly a good way to go about deciding something. I've said a couple of times that they may have dicked him around, but there's really nothing to go on except Bobby V throwing a tantrum.
                                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-30-2010, 12:10 PM.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X