Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobby V: If this is a Major League Process I Hope I'm Never in the Process Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby V: If this is a Major League Process I Hope I'm Never in the Process Again

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p49RcBlg2r0[/ame]

Seems like it went really well
    Last edited by Party; 06-30-2010, 08:47 AM.

Just heard it....wow, he really went off on us. Sounds like a class organization. They'll be lining out the door to take over.
    Last edited by FishFanInPA; 06-30-2010, 06:35 AM.

Comment

so pretty safe to say we won't be getting him in the offseason?
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Yes. Do you want me to email you the clip?

Comment

no.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Samson is such a tool. Why does he still have a job?

Comment

Glad the whole story is out there now.

What did Samson do, exactly?
              poop

Comment

99% chance he had something to do with this. It fits what has been reported.
                --------------------
                If you are a tool like Samson, the last thing you want is a manager who isn't afraid to call you out for being a complete tool. I would not be surprised if he was the #1 force behind not hiring Bobby V. Everything Sunday had this being a slam dunk (come on, Loria and V are friends).

I guarantee you Valentine told whomever, "We need to start spending money if I come abroad" and Samson saw that as a possible threat to a) his power in the organization, b) Public image of the club.

He is not 100% at fault. I believe Beinfest and Hill had a hand. They were going to lose a great deal of control over roster management.
                Last edited by Party; 06-30-2010, 08:42 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I don't think it fits what has been reported because 500 different, contrary things have been reported.

On the same day that it was declared dead, Bobby V was on TV refuting that. It was reported he never came down to interview. It was reported that the job was all but his. It was reported that there were philosophical difference not relating to money and it was reported that it was all about adding payroll.

To say that this is Samson's fault when literally all we've heard regarding why it fell through is what Bobby V apparently said in a rant on his national nightly program, which nobody has verified or really can verify, since we know this front office doesn't like to deal with contract negotiations in public.

I don't see any reason to give Bobby the benefit of the doubt here and shit on Samson, except that we all hate Samson.

Also, seeing as Samson goes on one of the most popular sports talk shows in the area once a week and takes questions for half an hour from fans and two hosts who aren't particularly fond of the way the organization runs things, I don't think he's afraid of people calling him out for being a tool.
                  Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-30-2010, 08:48 AM.
                  poop

Comment

Yeah, there is definitely no history of Samson being a tool or this organization completely fumbling a contract negotiation over money and power.

Video added to the first post.

Comment

I said there was no history of Samson being a tool?

I just think it's silly to say definitively what happened based on a bunch of conflicting reports and one jilted guy's rant.

Isn't it at least a little bit possible that Bobby V went in and started making a bunch of demands that the front office wasn't comfortable with and so they decided to go another route?

I know we never give the front office the benefit of the doubt on anything ever here, but I don't think we should take Bobby V's word as gospel.
                      poop

Comment

Loria and Valentine are friends. If he was jilted for legitimate reasons, I doubt he would have said something like that. He called the FO bush league.

Comment

Isn't Bobby V's defining characteristic that he's one of those guys who will just say whatever's on his mind and he shoots from the hip and that's why people like him and find him interesting and fun? That's not the type of character you take at their word, I think.
                          --------------------
                          It's certainly possible the front office dicked him over, but I see no reason to take his word for it.
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-30-2010, 09:01 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          poop

Comment

What does he stand to gain by lying about this?

Comment

He might just be frustrated by the whole process and lashing out.

Maybe he really feels the front office dicked him over, but isn't it possible he was being unreasonable in his expectations during the process? Isn't it all relative?

My point is not that he's lying or that it's impossible that the FO dicked him over, it's very possible. I just don't think we know enough to say that with any degree of certainty, though I know that won't stop anyone.
                              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-30-2010, 09:38 AM.
                              poop

Comment

Working...
                              X