Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stanton Pounds Out Three Hits in Debut, Worst Bullpen in History of Man Blows Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to torture Fredi until he understands that under no circumstance can Tankersley face a right handed hitter

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      I'm fine with trying out anyone (Looper, who probably wouldn't be any good, included) until we find something that works.

In my mind:

Leo
      Clay
      Brian Sanchez
      Tank
      RVH

are pretty much keepers. Pinto probably is when he gets back too (despite everyone hating him).

So yeah, go find another reliever or two to try out. Hell, Sinkbeil's had a fantastic month of relief pitching, give him a shot. He's on the 40 man, why the hell not?
      I think Sanches and one of either Tank and Pinto will be fine as the last 2 guys out of the pen. I think RVH will be good out of the pen, but way too early to say for sure.

Comment

Tank is going to be LOOGY until we get a better one. He should be fine at this.
        poop

Comment

He is fine as a LOOGY. He just isn't being exclusively used as one just yet.

Comment

but what about when he remembers that he sucks? (like tonight)

Comment

Yeah, what this bullpen is missing is that 8th inning guy. Nunez has been fantastic. Hensley, RVH, and Sanches can hold down the 6th/7th, and Tank can be a LOOGY. But they need the guy who can get them from Hensley/RVH/Sanches to Nunez (ala Chad Fox in '03), which is nothing new for a bullpen on a budget. Sometimes they're able to strike gold with a Fox, but most of the time, they can only find someone like a Sanches.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                but what about when he remembers that he sucks? (like tonight)
                Like when he has to face a RHB who drives in two and then a Left handed batter bounces one softly over the 1B's?

And then another guy has a fucking swinging bunt?

Two of those hits were bloops or otherwise crap.
                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-08-2010, 10:27 PM.
                poop

Comment

I wonder if they super rush Marinez in a month to the club. Or if Miller can be a reliever. Or West.

Comment

Leroux also showed good stuff before getting injured

I don't think they should but they could call up Marinez. Pitchers skipping AA is nothing new under Beinfest (RVH, Badenhop, Kensing, more)
                    --------------------
                    Hey fuck you buddy
                    Last edited by nny; 06-08-2010, 10:23 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Miller definitely wouldn't help anything right now. He has yet to walk less than 3 batters in any AA start yet.

Comment

I'd rather push Robertson to the bullpen (Who's still showing awesome leftly splits, 3.40 FIP v.s. lefties/5.30 against righties) and have West start. He would be a good deal better than Tank.

Comment

Not sure what he is doing anymore, but Adalberto Mendez was tearing shit up out of the pen.

Comment

I'd like to see Hensley throw more warm up pitches and stop looking super crappy against every first batter he sees.
                            poop

Comment

Would bringing back Hunter Jones be worthwhile, as the LOOGY who is still expected to face righties?
                              Sanchez life

Comment

Go after Chris Resop.
                                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Working...
                                X