Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coghlan v. Maybin: Who Stays When Stanton Comes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swift View Post
    Yeah that's what I meant.
    Coghlan ended at 150 days last year, and that one article cited in minor league forum says it's going to be really low this year, around 122ish give or take.

So yea, a full month. And I agree, that is something I did not think about but that's more firepower for TEAM MAYBIN.

Comment

I'm with TEAM MAYBIN! cause we gotta hope something pans out for miggy

Comment

Well I see this is it's own thread now.

But I don't see why one has to leave for Stanton. Considering today is May 26, it'll take at least 7-10 days to pass the Super2 deadline, then a week roadtrip where they can be a 3 man platoon over 2 positions, and finally, and most importantly, interleague June 11-June 24, where they can all play via the DH. Today is May 25th. This decision is literally a full month away how I see it. I find it hard to project which 2 of those 3 are playing the best at the end of June. Rooting for Stanton and Maybin for upside purposes though.

Still many PA to go. I can see Coghlan and Maybin getting 20-25 starts, and Stanton 20, during this next month. That's a pretty significant amount of time to judge these guys.

Comment

I just don't think they want Cogs on their bench. I think sending him down to New Orleans to get regular at bats would be more beneficial than have him rot on the bench. (Much like how I feel about Petey on the bench now, but that's another story.)

Unless Cogs does something crazy, I think Maybin has it. He has played great defense and has really done well lately.

Still, it is going to be interesting the next few weeks.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Maybin hasn't really done well lately, except for like the last two games or something.

But he is hitting like a .740 OPS at home, so maybe he can just shake the road blues and balance it our.
            poop

Comment

One thing Maybin has been doing pretty well is hitting with men on base.

Runners on: .313/.382/.799 (48 AB)
              RISP: .310/.382/.865 (29 AB)
              RISP w/ two out: .400/.500/1.233 (15 AB)

This as opposed to a .210/.259/.583 line with the bases empty.

Coghlan has just been suffering with both runners on and with the bases empty, so even though it's a small sample size, it might be something to consider.

Comment

CC has a turrible arm
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Since this thread was created:

Maybin: .143 .250 .357 .607
                  Coghlan: .261 .320 .304 .624

Nobody wants it!

Comment

I dislike both of em atm. Very much.
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Send them both down and make it a Stanton-Ross-BC outfield.

At least BC gon give you a .600 OPS with great defense.

Comment

I'd much rather keep BC in the 4th outfielder role.

Honestly, I think I would call up Logan Morrison for LF and just spot BC in against LHP and just flank Cody with two rookies.
                        poop

Comment

seriously, that's the best scenario i think, doubt it happens though
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Well, no. The best scenario is both CC and Maybin start playing up to their potentials both offensively and defensively.
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Well, no. The best scenario is both CC and Maybin start playing up to their potentials both offensively and defensively.
                              And there is a giant clusterfuck in the outfield and 1st base the rest of the year. Honestly that would be great but who would you start regularly if theyre all productive?

Comment

The guys who have done it at the major league level + Stanton.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X