Hanley Ramirez 2010: Starting All-Star SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
    Only time anyone in the media talks to Matt Treanor is when his wife is doing something relevant.

/saunters off again
    This new guy just doesn't understand the awesomeness of Matt Treanor.

I say we ban him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
      His post game comments were super awkward. He wanted no part of it. I liked when he said thanks and walked off because he wanted to escape

Everything Hanley says is super awkward so how were his post game comments any different. He always seems majorly distracted and uninterested in every interview he's ever done.

Comment

• What was awkward was how he just said "thanks" and walked off.
        poop

Comment

• My point still remains

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
            Hi

Do you want something?
            just haven't seen you in a while so i was sayin hi
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
              just haven't seen you in a while so i was sayin hi
              Hello

Comment

• How much of that awkwardness relates to speaking publicly in a foreign language? It's probably not something that he's comfortable doing on a regular basis.

Throughout this whole ordeal, one of the things that I thought was widely overlooked was how much Hanley's comments may or may not be influenced by the "English as a Second Language" factor. I don't find it coincidental that the coverage most negatively portraying Hanley came from the English media while Hanley's clarification/apology came from Spanish media (ESPN Deportes).

I still think that he's immature/diva-ish. But, I think some of the media's portrayal is shaped by the fact that Hanley probably doesn't fully comprehend everything that he's being asked by the beat writers and the beat writers can't fully comprehend everything he's saying.

Comment

• That's a great point CC.

Comment

• If that's the case, why not go the route of Dice-K and just have a translator at the podium with him?

It's not like he can't afford it.
                    *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

• How many Hispanic players have full-time translators?

Comment

• Yeah, Moss, I think the translator is more for the clubhouse than the reporters.

99% of the athletes don't give a crap about the press, the 1% are the Wes Helmses of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moss View Post
                          If that's the case, why not go the route of Dice-K and just have a translator at the podium with him?

It's not like he can't afford it.
                          C'mon now. Most players don't feel the need for translators until they testify before Congress.

Comment

• With the number of spanish speaking players/coaches in the MLB, a translator isn't needed. I think those Japanese guys have translators mainly so that the manager and coaches can actually communicate with the player.

The language thing can surely be a factor when trying to express yourself to the media. But then again there were some things he said, that not even language could not get in the way of like "Fredi Who?" and "He doesn't know what it's like because he never played in the big leagues"

Comment

• hanley you are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!

Comment

• He took responsibility after the game for being bad, blaming it on not having his timing down.

The rest of the week suddenly got interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X