'Los Marlins' for Every Friday Home Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
    Who really cares? If they want to wear a "Los Marlins" patch every Friday for Fiesta Fridays, what difference does it make to anyone? I'm not Hispanic and I have zero problem with it. They have done the Fiesta Friday thing for years, and if this is an extension of that, fine. They are moving to Little Havana in a few years and want to attract more Hispanic fans. Will a "Los" patch accomplish that? In and of itself, probably not, but it's part of the overall marketing to that community, like the Heat, Bulls, Mavs, and Knicks in the NBA.

Who really cares? I do.

This organization has enough credibility issues with two firesales, fat guys dancing between innings and revenue sharing.

Let's just pile more cement on the stereotype that the City of Miami isn't actually a part of the United States by calling them the Los Fucking Marlins.

And please don't throw me in the FO hater category because it couldn't be further from the truth.

Comment

Miami is the worst place in the world.
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
        Who really cares? I do.

This organization has enough credibility issues with two firesales, fat guys dancing between innings and revenue sharing.

Let's just pile more cement on the stereotype that the City of Miami isn't actually a part of the United States by calling them the Los Fucking Marlins.
        Oh please. This will do nothing to hurt the credibility of the franchise any more then the NBA teams wearing "Hispanic Heritage" uniforms or the NFL having Marc Anthony singing the Monday Night Football theme. I fail to see what harm adding the word "Los" to the jersey 10 or 15 times a year will do. They already have Fiesta Fridays all the time and Hispanic singers at Super Saturday. Why is this such a big deal? Just accept the fact that we live in an area with a lot of spanish speaking people and get over it. I don't speak a word of spanish and I have no problem with it. In fact, if not for the Hispanic population, odds are we may not be building a stadium right now. A lot of the most supportive commissioners that voted for the stadium represent areas that are mostly hispanic.

Comment

We already called ourselves Los Marlins once. The Nba did it for like 8 teams at least 3 times one year. I don't get why this is a big deal

I think it's stupid, personally, but I don't think it's indicative of any larger problem.
          poop

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
            Oh please. This will do nothing to hurt the credibility of the franchise any more then the NBA teams wearing "Hispanic Heritage" uniforms or the NFL having Marc Anthony singing the Monday Night Football theme. I fail to see what harm adding the word "Los" to the jersey 10 or 15 times a year will do. They already have Fiesta Fridays all the time and Hispanic singers at Super Saturday. Why is this such a big deal? Just accept the fact that we live in an area with a lot of spanish speaking people and get over it. I don't speak a word of spanish and I have no problem with it. In fact, if not for the Hispanic population, odds are we may not be building a stadium right now. A lot of the most supportive commissioners that voted for the stadium represent areas that are mostly hispanic.

Woah slow down chief. Your last four sentences are out of line.

Who said I could not accept the fact that we live in a an area with a high Hispanic population? Don't play that shit with me.

This discussion has nothing to do with my views and everything to do with how this team is perceived by fans of MLB.

Having "Los" on the uniform looks cheesy. The organization has enough issues with cheese.

Comment

Who cares what other fans think of our team? I don't. This is my team not theirs. I don't have a problem with it anyways. ITS JUST A JERSEY!
              Last edited by BigGameFish; 03-15-2010, 02:17 PM.
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Jeez, Daft

Calm down

Comment

I am sure though that Fiesta Fridays will be serious fun. Perhaps we should GET IN ON IT!
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I don't speak Spanish, what does it mean???

Comment

It means a whale's vagina.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

i loled a lot at goodfella

anyway, this is stupid but i still don't care that much
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Definitely looks terrible, but it's not that big of a deal. I'm sure much more crazy Hispanic additions are in the future.

Comment

I'm expecting we'll have shiny jerseys and they will be mandated to be buttoned halfway up only.
                            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I heard in 2012 Billy's name will be changed to Baltasár and will only be allowed to salsa dance in public.

Comment

i loled at Baltasár!

this thread is el comedy gold
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X