No announcement yet.

SI: Beinfest Game's 4th Best GM....Errr...President of BBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think that what we're calling Beinfest's biggest downfall (the paltry budget) may actually be the most empowering thing for him as there's no such thing as a bad one year deal.

I'm very afraid of what he might do off a budget. Save Hanley and Castillo (but Luis doesn't count because he left close to twice the money on the table with the Mets' offer to stay with us) Beinfest has never made a "god damn, that's awesome" contract move, he's paid the going rate for FA's, which is fine, he refused to extend JJ (that was 100% Loria) and he's left us with "the Contingency" as, pre 2008, the only Marlin with a multi year deal. As soon as he's got money to go after "his guys" I expect several Oliver Perez type contracts on the roster. Now, our foundation is so strong that we may well be able to overcome those, but I don't think the new stadium and a huge budget is going to turn us into a perennial 100 win kind of club. GM's with money make stupid decisions, and Beinfest just happens to be enamored with bad players who run fast or throw hard. Potentially troubling combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
      I don't think you'll make 10 three pointers in a row, that's a lot of three pointers to make in a row
      Driveway rules, shots from the bushes. That's like 5 feet away.

Comment

yea, it's barely a free throw

Comment

I think the combo of Loria/Beinfest is one of the most bittersweet productive FO combos in baseball.
          CSBC Commish

Comment

If you make 10 three pointers, I will kiss Larry's Beinfest

Comment

Speaking of bittersweet, I'm eating these honey cashew cluster things that have cashews, almonds and pumpkin seeds in them. They are delish.
              --------------------
              fip gon yell at me
              Last edited by Mainge; 03-09-2010, 11:40 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                Speaking of bittersweet, I'm eating these honey cashew cluster things that have cashews, almonds and pumpkin seeds in them. They are delish.
                --------------------
                fip gon yell at me
                Did you give his computer a virus? 'Cause that'd make him yell at you.

Also, honey cashews are most awesome, I am jealous... and hungry, I've been up since like 7am with nothing to eat

If you make 10 three pointers, I will kiss Larry's Beinfest
                What if I make 10 three pointers in a row?
                CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                  I also think that what we're calling Beinfest's biggest downfall (the paltry budget) may actually be the most empowering thing for him as there's no such thing as a bad one year deal.

I'm very afraid of what he might do off a budget. Save Hanley and Castillo (but Luis doesn't count because he left close to twice the money on the table with the Mets' offer to stay with us) Beinfest has never made a "god damn, that's awesome" contract move, he's paid the going rate for FA's, which is fine, he refused to extend JJ (that was 100% Loria) and he's left us with "the Contingency" as, pre 2008, the only Marlin with a multi year deal. As soon as he's got money to go after "his guys" I expect several Oliver Perez type contracts on the roster. Now, our foundation is so strong that we may well be able to overcome those, but I don't think the new stadium and a huge budget is going to turn us into a perennial 100 win kind of club. GM's with money make stupid decisions, and Beinfest just happens to be enamored with bad players who run fast or throw hard. Potentially troubling combo.
                  I think Beinfest has been forced to fall in love with "his guys" because he has no money. Do we really think Jacque Jones and Emilio Bonifacio would be pursued by the FO if they had money to sign long term deals?

Was a long term deal to JP ever a serious possibility?

Comment

Fip dont like people straying off topic

Also if anyone can make 10 threes in a row, chances are you're a good shooter. I don't think that's knees best analogy.

Comment

Scratch that Swift, JP was probably on Beinfest's top 5 players to give long term deals at one point. Thankfully, there are crappier GMs willing to pay him $9M a year and that is out of our price range with and without a stadium.

Comment

We could have a much worse gm.
                        poop

Comment

No one is disputing that.

Comment

Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
                            What if I make 10 three pointers in a row?
                            I would consider smacking Jeffrey's Loria
                            --------------------
                            But you ain't gon do it
                            Last edited by Metes; 03-09-2010, 11:52 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                              No one is disputing that.
                              No one is disputing you.
                              poop

Comment

I would consider smacking Jeffrey's Loria
                                --------------------
                                But you ain't gon do it
                                I done it before
                                CSBC Commish