No announcement yet.

Marlins Miss Out on Chapman Sweepstakes; Pitcher Signs with Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12:27pm: In a follow-up tweet, Passan narrows the mystery team down to an NL Central club, speculating that the Reds look like the best bet. Passan adds that the $30MM deal is for five years.
    Cincinnati? Wow.

Comment

• Pretty much everything has him going to the Reds now.

Eeeeeyessssss
      Originally posted by Chewford
      He lives in Richmond, which is why his user name is Fish Fan in Pennsylvania.

Comment

• good

Comment

• Someone needs to stop Abercrombie from hitting home runs over there

Comment

• Mid market team's fan after his team gives 30 million dollars to an unproven "21 year old" pitcher who averaged 5+ walks per year in the Cuban major league, which is, at best, generally considered to be equivalent to A ball:

"Eeeeeyessssss"

I liked Chapman for us at like 15-18 mil. 30 mil is really bad. Wow.

Eeeeeyessssss indeed.
            poop

Comment

• I believe you mean:

Eeeeeeeeyesssssssss.

Eeeeeeeeyesssssssss.

Eeeeeeeeyesssssssss.

Comment

• Eyes!
                Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                Tom Koehler(4-0)
                AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• On the one hand, it's a risk worth taking when you play your home games in a ballpark that no pitcher would willingly come to.

On the other hand, if your'e going to overpay for pitching, wouldn't it make sense to overpay for a mediocre proven commodity not a Andrew Miller upside pitcher (and I'm talking Miller now, not Miller's upside).

Comment

• His upside is not Andrew miller now.
                    poop

Comment

• More like Big Fail Machine amirite?

Comment

• What a coincidence. Thats the nickname every chick Ive ever banged has given me.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• A top talent pitching prospect for Dusty Baker...awesome.

Comment

• 5 / $25 appears to be what it took. At that price, a team like the Reds almost has to do it.

Comment

• The payment will be spread out over ten years. Chapman's 2010 salary will be around $1MM, and the Reds feel there's at least a chance that Chapman could see the big leagues this season.
                              I know most don't like the guy but why wouldnt/couldnt the fish do something like this? Didnt they spread out someone else's contract...pudge maybe?

Comment

• Any team could do something like this

Comment

Working...
                                X