Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HE RETWEETED US!

LoMoMarlins Logan Morrison

RT @SoFlaMarlins Please give us a retweet @LoMoMarlins http://soflamarlins.com/index.php You are the reason Twitter was invented <3

Comment

• I knew he would!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
        fun shot at Longoria
        Oh?
        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
        - Daft

Comment

• Someone took Longo's AK-47.

Comment

• Great stuff from today:

Omg @amyknelson is coming to opening day at sun life. My palms are sweaty, knees weak, and arms r heavy. There's vomit on my sweater already
            And the best:

Just filled out my rental app 4 my condo this year. A LOT of questions. One was "Sex" I replied "DTF" hope that helps.. twitpic.com/4ergad
            Last edited by Omar; 03-29-2011, 11:34 PM.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• LoMoMarlins Logan Morrison
              My real estate agent called, said he didn't think I took my rental app seriously (No sh*t Sherlock). Ill post pics of my "wrongs" shortly...

Comment

• I get that he is trying to be funny for his followers, but he's just making the agent's job harder.

Comment

• Go to 790thwticket and listen to his amazing interview on the LeBatard show.

Comment

• http://www.nola.com/zephyrs/index.ss...orrison_i.html

Picture this: A strapping young left-handed hitter from the New Orleans area with a smooth stroke and a great eye at the plate.

After an impressive two-month debut stint in the major leagues, he’s opening the season with the big club and is poised to become one of the National League’s young stars.

Now forgive yourself for conjuring vintage Will Clark.

This generation’s sweet-swinging lefty is Logan Morrison, a former Slidell resident, Northshore High graduate and former player with the New Orleans Zephyrs. On the cusp of his beginning his first full season in the major leagues, Morrison is the most talented offensive player to emerge from New Orleans since Will The Thrill. His Florida Marlins open the season tonight against the New York Mets.

Winding down the spring schedule last week in Jupiter, Fla., Morrison admitted that he was enjoying spring training more this year with the knowledge that his position as a part of the Marlins’ starting lineup is solid.

“It’s helped out a lot, helped me relax,” he said. “I can focus more on the process of getting ready for a major league season rather than having to go out and produce numbers right away. (Last year) there was no time to see pitches. If there was a pitch that was right there, I had to swing at it. I couldn’t see how it moved.”

Seeing pitches is a major part of Morrison’s game. He averaged 4.09 pitches per plate appearance, a statistic used as a measure of plate discipline, last year in his rookie season. That placed him 11th in the National League.

Morrison’s approach at the plate is what got him called up from the minors last year. After spending the bulk of the season playing first base for the Triple-A Zephyrs, he got the call in late July and was placed in left field, a position he had only played sparingly in New Orleans. The defensive transition still is a work in progress, and Morrison cites learning the position as his greatest challenge in the big leagues.

The adjustment to major league pitching went smoothly. Morrison had a .390 on-base percentage and seven triples, good for eighth in the National League despite his limited at-bats.

For a player 23 years old, plate discipline on Morrison’s level is rare, something he attributes in part to his years playing for Coach Ned Eades at Northshore. Morrison remembered a high school practice where he was on third base and the hitter walked.

Thinking the bases were loaded behind him, Morrison trotted home only to be thrown out. Fuming, Eades told the talented Morrison that he also was lazy.

“I try to be more disciplined now,” Morrison said with a smile.

Although he never struggled at any level in the minor leagues, last season was Morrison’s most difficult. His father, Tom, died last winter after battling lung cancer. Given his father’s health situation at the time, Morrison said he was grateful to play for his hometown Zephyrs in 2010.

“Especially with what my dad with going through, (playing in New Orleans) was very important,” he said. “I got to spend time with him. Coming to the games, talking with him after the games. ... It kept his mind off what was going on.”

Morrison now is in Florida, and it appears he is there to stay. Marlins Manager Edwin Rodriguez, who managed Morrison last season in New Orleans as well as during Morrison’s stints in the lower minor leagues, said he is a crucial part of the team’s future.

Florida might not yet have the talent to compete with the Philadelphia Phillies in their own division, but with their collection of home-grown, cost-controlled youth such as Morrison, Josh Johnson, Mike Stanton and former Zephyrs Gaby Sanchez and Chris Coughlan, they’re not far off.

“The Florida Marlins organization has had a master plan for years,” Rodriguez said. “When Logan Morrison got into the system, when Mike Stanton and Chris Coughlan got into the system. ... they were able to point them out as part of the future, into 2011. From the get-go, Logan Morrison has been one of those guys.”
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• http://www.790theticket.com/lebatard.aspx

Go down on that page a bit and you'll see the interview archives. He was hilarious and what made it funnier was he walked over to do the interview from a photo shoot he was doing for I think SI and he was only in his sliders.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                        Great stuff from today:

And the best:

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                          http://www.790theticket.com/lebatard.aspx

Go down on that page a bit and you'll see the interview archives. He was hilarious and what made it funnier was he walked over to do the interview from a photo shoot he was doing for I think SI and he was only in his sliders.
                          He's fucking hilarious. I'm developing a man crush on him too. Damn

Comment

• Comment

• HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

• MH, the last pic you put up didn't work

Comment

Working...
                                X