2018 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have signed EVERYONE we should have except 15th Rd pick

We are OVER pool by $345,000 which means we have to pay a 75% tax on it. In other words the ownership had to pay $650,000. In years past this has NEVER happened

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      We have signed EVERYONE we should have except 15th Rd pick

We are OVER pool by $345,000 which means we have to pay a 75% tax on it. In other words the ownership had to pay $650,000. In years past this has NEVER happened
      Good to see they are willing to pay for talent. Hopefully that bodes well for the International Signing period.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
        Good to see they are willing to pay for talent. Hopefully that bodes well for the International Signing period.
        We have 6 million to spend. Sandy Gaston Top 15 Prospect is ONLY name I have heard but I dont have BA anymore so no clue. We might have more or maybe they save the cash for the Mesa brothers?

- - - - - - - - - -

One thing of note. We currently have about 20 draft picks NOT on any roster which means alot of decisions will be coming in the next week or 2

Comment

We have signed EVERYONE we should have except 15th Rd pick

That is very interesting.

I mean, they really are doing a lot of things right on the MLB level. Hopefully this eventually translates into some fan confidence in a year or two.

Sign Gaston and have an article about that and having to pay a draft tax, and maybe that starts inching the needle to competency. Of course people will probably just be upset Dietrich and Barraclough are traded.

Comment

• 2 days left and we can offer 1 unsigned guy about $170,000 and still be under 5%

Comment

• Braves didn’t sign Carter Stewart.
              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• I liked the Connor Scott pick but damn Nolan Gorman would have looked good in the system(3B/1B with power)

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2018/ALL

.331 9 HR in Appy League in 31 games

Comment

• Griffin Conine popped for ROIDS!!!

Comment

I liked the Connor Scott pick but damn Nolan Gorman would have looked good in the system(3B/1B with power)

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2018/ALL

.331 9 HR in Appy League in 31 games
                    Man still wondering why we passed on him

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2019/ALL

Comment

Working...
                    X