No announcement yet.

Proposal for 2008 CSBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't "move" teams from one league file to another, I wouldn't even know where to begin with how to reasonably/effectively approach doing that. Each new league file has a new pool of players and basically would therefore be impossible.

As for the salary cap, we haven't even gone through one pool of Free Agency, I really think people don't remember David Ortiz getting a 3 year, 90-100M contract, this completely eliminates that.

The average ML payroll is somewhere around 75m, or was, in 2009 so, I mean let's see what happens before we clamor to change it.
    CSBC Commish

Comment

Easy PWG, you just transfer players in a trade from a AAA team to an CSBC team.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
        Easy PWG, you just transfer players in a trade from a AAA team to an CSBC team.
        Even if we went with a system like active AAA teams, where I assign, for instance, you as your AAA manager instead of the Portland manager, transferring the whole team uses up options and basically guarantees the upcoming team would be poor, because the influx of new owners would inherit expansion teams. So then they'd be almost guaranteed to be relegated instantly anyways.

Aside from that, we really can't run a second league file, is what I'm saying, it would ALL have to be contained on one league file, the same pool of players.

As for the cup, there may be support, but I don't think it'd meet Flum's suggested 75%, and I'd be very much inclined to believe it wouldn't crack 50%, because you're making draft picks (something for rebuilding teams) rely on something that isn't record.

To be completely honest, I don't have a problem with "tanking" so to speak, because it's activity. If you firesale your best talent, you're bringing talent back, if you're losing a lot of games, you're gonna get a high draft pick and improve your system
        CSBC Commish

Comment

Lmao I proposed the 75% not Flum. The Cup isn't a drastic change though. It's inserting a system into the current system.

I don't think Flum has posted in this forum since he joined.

Comment

If the two file system isn't an option, then the idea is dead in the water.

The cup definitely doesn't interfere with the schedule especially if done in a one game per round format.
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

BTW there is a relegation mod on this page: http://web.mac.com/sixwilsons/OOTPMo...Templates.html

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                Lmao I proposed the 75% not Flum. The Cup isn't a drastic change though. It's inserting a system into the current system.

I don't think Flum has posted in this forum since he joined.
                Both of you have F names and Im really preoccupied right now, so... yeah, expect more of that
                CSBC Commish

Comment

I'd be very much against the tournament thing

I don't even like the split season idea, but I do think it could raise owner participation.

Comment

Also, from the looks of it, it'd require the league to restart to add the template, so, that'd probably require a new inaugural draft etc etc
                    CSBC Commish

Comment

I can guarantee you'd have four extra owners if you did relegation. That's too fun of a system to pass up.
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

We would likely also lose some owners who'd prefer not to do relegation.. As with the cup system, I'd be against implementing without 75% (or possibly higher) owner approval.
                        *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                          How is it 81 meaningless/pre-season games?

The first half have just as much meaning and just as much of an impact on the playoffs than the second 81 games
                          Perhaps I am misunderstanding. I'm under the impression that records will basically reset and that standings and playoff spots will be determined based on the second half records.

That's incorrect?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                            Perhaps I am misunderstanding. I'm under the impression that records will basically reset and that standings and playoff spots will be determined based on the second half records.

That's incorrect?
                            First half division winners vs 2nd half division winners, so basically, yes, 81 games would basically be meaningless if you win your division the first half, if my take on it is correct
                            CSBC Commish

Comment

Under a split season a team that finishes with the best overall record may not make the play-offs.

See: 1981 MLB Season

Comment

Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
                                First half division winners vs 2nd half division winners, so basically, yes, 81 games would basically be meaningless if you win your division the first half, if my take on it is correct
                                Okay I see. Still not a fan.

The relegation thing is interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X