No announcement yet.

CSBC Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever follow trade rumors in real life?
    CSBC Commish

Comment

• Yes, I do but that doesn't mean that I know what the GM's are doing. Most of the time, I know next to nothing about the prospects involved or what every major league team has in their system.

I get the basic concept of why team A would want to trade and why Team B wants what Team A has. But that does not translate into my understanding of the actual pieces that get traded.

I'm glad this is so easy for a bunch of you but this is the #1 hardest thing about OOTP for me. Hands down.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
        Yes, I do but that doesn't mean that I know what the GM's are doing. Most of the time, I know next to nothing about the prospects involved or what every major league team has in their system.

I get the basic concept of why team A would want to trade and why Team B wants what Team A has. But that does not translate into my understanding of the actual pieces that get traded.

I'm glad this is so easy for a bunch of you but this is the #1 hardest thing about OOTP for me. Hands down.
        Ok, well, that's why we're going to practice with hypotheticals. That's the legit way to get better at stuff, is to practice. I didn't wake up one day magically good at tennis, I had to hit thousands of tennis balls, so send some hypothetical trade offers and we'll practice.

That's the long and short of it, you need to practice.
        CSBC Commish

Comment

• Like I said, I don't even know where to begin.

Comment

• PWG I think you should tell MBA about the first trade I ever made in OOTP, I'm sure you remember the details better than I do.

It was an embarrassment, MBA. It was awful. I was ashamed. I had no idea what I was doing. But I kept trying, and I've learned - certainly not everything there is to know, but enough that I can make trades with some confidence in the fact that I usually get good value.
            *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

• And even despite the fact we co-managed that team and I witnessed that trade and how bad it was, my next league, my first trade I wound up trading the eventual Cy Young winner for a crappy third basemen and a guy like Nate Robertson.

It happens, bad trades happen. But that's how you learn.
              CSBC Commish

Comment

• Like I said, I've already made two bad trades and I still don't understand anything about this so that doesn't make me want to try anymore trades. It's the whole "once bitten, twice shy" thing. I've been burned twice. I'm not very anxious to get burned again. That's why I held onto both Wright and Morneau even though I was over cap and traded for the extra cap space so I wouldn't have to trade one of them.

Comment

• I'd like one more bat and one more reliever. Anyone got it?

Comment

• 10 mins before my pick. I'm shopping it.

Comment

• No interest in my offer?
                      poop

Comment

• Bee tee dubs, we're getting a new owner tonight
                        CSBC Commish

Comment

• I didn't approve this.
                          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            I didn't approve this.
                            I accept bribes to remove owners, like Mk7's system.

Also, you guys probs don't even know who it is!
                            CSBC Commish

Comment

• I just got my new laptop. Can someone post the link for the free OOTP so I can finally check my team again?

Comment

• http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp8/

For future reference, you can just google search OOTP 8 Free and it's the first result
                                CSBC Commish

Comment

Working...
                                X