Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationals dont offer deals to MacDougal and Cult hero Scott Olsen. How long before someone says let's bring him back.

Comment

jj, nolasco, volstad, west and sanchez are better than him IMO, so no.
      Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Scott Olsen had torn labrum surgery

Comment

Lowell to the Rangers looks like it's going to fall through over medical stuff (apparently not his hip, though).

If they're willing to eat 9 out of the $12 mil he's owed (and he doesn't have a 2011 option as I thought he did) why the hell are we not all over this? You get basically Jorge Cantu's production with superior defense for less than we'd be on the hook for with Cantu himself.

Comment

Because it makes sense?

Comment

Perhaps they want something we don't have

Comment

Perhaps we don't want damaged goods?

Comment

if that's the case we could 3way with texas and boston, boston gets ramirez, texas gets cantu and we get lowell as the main pieces, others added in

i dont know that lowell's defense is that much better right now anyway than cantu. don't feel like looking stuff up and stats will probably prove me wrong but lowell had virtually no mobility last year
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

There's no garauntee he's still a great defensive player. He was pretty bad last year by uzr and a lot of people said his range was greatly affected by the hip.

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't give up much to get him.
                    poop

Comment

• Giants non-tendered Ryan Garko. He could be a good low-risk signing to essentially replace Cantu's production, with some nice upside. Won't happen, but hey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lefty View Post
                        jj, nolasco, volstad, west and sanchez are better than him IMO, so no.
                        I wouldnt go so far as to say that Sancez and West are better than Olsen, and Volstad's 09 season doesnt put him clearly above Olsen either
                        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• I really don't understand Sabean

Barnes for Garko and then just non-tenders Garko

Comment

• There's not much to get, he's a dipshit among dipshits

Comment

• Capps non-tendered by Pitt

Comment

• Nats resigning Olsen:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/1...ott-olsen.html

For just 1 year, 1mil with a possibility for 4mil

STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                                X