No announcement yet.

2012 MLB Season Game Thread: May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get it. He is the second coming of Mickey Mantle. He just can't stay healthy.

Only difference right now is their career OBP. Mantle beats him pretty bad there. I have no problems with the Mantle comparisons.

Hamilton is the natural.

Comment

• Mickey Mantle, from the ages of 26-31, posted a .300/.432/.591 triple slash line, with a 181 OPS+.

Josh Hamilton, from the ages of 26-31, has posted a .313/.370/.556 triple slash line, with a 139 OPS+.

Josh Hamilton is a terrific player. But no. None of that is acceptable.
      poop

Comment

• If the Phillies are going to win the National League East for the sixth consecutive season, they’ll need more offense and better relief pitching. GM Ruben Amaro Jr. says he hopes he’s a buyer at the July 31st trade deadline, according to Jim Salisbury of the CSNPhilly.com. But the 14-18 Phillies might have a different approach if they don’t turn their season around.

“July is so far ahead,” Amaro said. “We just have to get on track. But if July comes and we’re playing like this, we’ll be sellers. How we play now will determine whether we’ll be buyers or sellers in July.”

With Ryan Howard and Chase Utley on the disabled list and Freddy Galvis and Jimmy Rollins struggling at the plate, the Phillies' offense ranks 19th in MLB in runs scored. The Phillies' rotation is again one of the best in the game, but their bullpen ERA of 5.59 ranks last in MLB. Amaro, who was named the team's GM in 2008, has never been a 'seller' in his career as a GM.
        Amaro: Phillies Could Be Sellers

Comment

• I'm shocked they're as high as 19th in the majors in runs scored.
          poop

Comment

• Honestly wonder what Hamilton's numbers would be if he didn't miss so many years of baseball early on.

Also, the comparison to Mantle should stop as one was relatively small and one is an absolute mountain of a human.

Comment

• Also, one is one of the handful of best hitters ever and the other is Ryan Braun's statistical twin.
              poop

Comment

• Baltimore went back to back to back with HRs and then Adam Jones had one go to the warning track.

Comment

• Toronto signed Vlad to a MiL deal

$1.3MM prorated

Comment

• Stras has 7k thru 3

Comment

• The Pirates now have their own "Lo Viste", "Claw", "Beast Mode" symbol. It's the Zoltan symbol from the movie "Dude, Where's my car?"

Proof that I'm not making it up:

Comment

• These are getting close to jumping the shark.
                        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• ehe, Zoltan is funny

Comment

• he's also the punter for the Patriots

[for space emperor]

Comment

• Clint Hurdle's thoughts on guys doing it after a hit:

"If you don't want them doing it, then don't let them get a hit."

I like him.

Comment

• what are your thoughts on guys like Jose Valverde going apeshit after every out he records, specifically via strikeout

Comment

Working...
                                X