No announcement yet.

Prince Fielder: 9 Year Deal with Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I'd love Fielder, I don't see it happening. He'll get offered more money elsewhere (Washington).

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMendozaLine View Post
      Perfect time to sneak in and snatch him. 6yrs, $23M per, opt-out after 3.
      This is actually making more and more sense. The only question is, if you're the Marlins - and assuming we want him - do you push now while Darvish still lingers or do you wait for Darvish to sign (because, come on, he's going to) and then really have it be the Nationals (who, by all accounts know the terms and still won't go there) and us left in it (assuming we're in it now).

The perfect chain of events: Prince signs, Gaby traded for Hughes, Nolasco for a few B/B+ arms and salary relief (packaged with Gaby for Hughes if need be) and there's your probable NL favorite in 2012.

Comment

• By all indications, the Marlins have no interest in him though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebow View Post
          By all indications, the Marlins have no interest in him though.
          Oh, I know, and truthfully it makes little sense for us to have $200 million+ kind of interest in him (because, for as good a player as he is, he doesn't bring that cache that a guy like Pujols or even Reyes does; if he had the exact same career for the Dodgers instead of the Brewers, yeah, he brings it, but it's hard to take a star toiling in relative anonymity and ask him to sell out games in another less excitable market), BUT at this point, if Boras is open to a much shorter deal or an incredibly short opt-out, go ahead, make a run.

Supposedly, the only team with reasonably confirmed interest (Washington) won't budge off 6 years and the Cubs wouldn't go past 3, which is why they're out. Maybe Boras has to do the Beltre to Boston kind of thing with Fielder now. If anything, he can talk himself into the Yankees, potentially, losing patience with Teixeira, having Swisher's $$ off the books and the Dodgers having an owner willing to spend big. Next offseason looks really good for Fielder's chances of getting that 8 year deal.

Comment

• He won't sell any jeans on South Beach.

Comment

• PS: Forgot that Granderson and Cano are FA's after this season, forget their interest in Prince, Yankees are going to probably have to hand out close to $300 mil next season just to keep those two.

Comment

• I really don't understand why they have so much interest in Cespedes, he's not going to make a huge difference attendance wise. Actually, I am Cuban and seeing Fielder come up to hit in the middle of our order appeals more to me than seeing Cespedes come up to hit. I think they're over analyzing this "Hispanic" market thing.

They might as well walk around South Florida asking who would make a bigger impact in your decision to go to a game, Cespedes or Fielder? I am sure it will go at least 70/30 Fielder.

Comment

• There's that aura of mystery around Cespedes. He's a novelty, and even if he gets everything he wants (Chapman money + inflation) he's still likely 1/4 of what Fielder is asking for/getting. It's just not a fair comparison, dollar for dollar. Ultimately, it's who would you rather have, Cespedes or Gaby (because I think everyone more or less agrees Cespedes future is at a corner), and I think most would take Cespedes and his potential over Gaby and his already established ceiling (myself included).
                  Last edited by Swifty; 01-14-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post
                    I really don't understand why they have so much interest in Cespedes, he's not going to make a huge difference attendance wise. Actually, I am Cuban and seeing Fielder come up to hit in the middle of our order appeals more to me than seeing Cespedes come up to hit. I think they're over analyzing this "Hispanic" market thing.

They might as well walk around South Florida asking who would make a bigger impact in your decision to go to a game, Cespedes or Fielder? I am sure it will go at least 70/30 Fielder.
                    Eh, it may not make any difference to you because you follow the sport so closely, but to the casual Cuban baseball fan who may not even know what Prince Fielder looks like, it makes a difference.

Comment

• Plus if Cespedes is a star, that becomes just gigantic in this market. That's what they're aiming for.
                      poop

Comment

• We gon get Prince!!!!!

LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Prince looks like Stanton's fat older broham.
                          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Who is that next to Prince?
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Fritz.

Comment

• Madman

Comment

Working...
                                X