No announcement yet.

Prince Fielder: 9 Year Deal with Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are no white people in that picture.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• No women either.

Not that Madman is a womens, just thought we were stating facts.
      Last edited by jOOj; 01-14-2012, 08:54 PM. Reason: LoMo & Peeteey style.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• no Jews either

Comment

• Might be the most offensive photo ever.
          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• That's Fowler
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            We gon get Prince!!!!!

Wish Loria was in the picture. I guess they got along when they went on that trip.
            Last edited by Big Z; 01-14-2012, 09:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post
              I really don't understand why they have so much interest in Cespedes, he's not going to make a huge difference attendance wise. Actually, I am Cuban and seeing Fielder come up to hit in the middle of our order appeals more to me than seeing Cespedes come up to hit. I think they're over analyzing this "Hispanic" market thing.

They might as well walk around South Florida asking who would make a bigger impact in your decision to go to a game, Cespedes or Fielder? I am sure it will go at least 70/30 Fielder.
              Perhaps they don't have the money for Fielder.

Comment

• Maybe they'll sign Feidler instead.
                This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                  Madman

Comment

• multiple teams still in on #prince but appears field has been narrowed to something close to a final 4
                    Heyman (twitter)

Nats, Rangers, Cubs, Mariners/Dodgers/Marlins?

I still can't see us NOT making a run at the best hitter on the market.

Comment

• That rumor gets shot down every time it comes up, so I'd say we're pretty firmly in the the camp of 26 teams that aren't finalists
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

• Along the same vein:
                        I simply don't understand why the Marlins were willing to offer more than $200 million to Albert Pujols, yet they aren't doing the same with Prince Fielder. Acquiring Fielder would boost the offense immensely, while allowing the club to put Gaby Sanchez on the trade block.
                        -- Rodrigo L., Santiago, Chile

It's been well documented why the team pursued Pujols. He's the best player in the game, and his impact would be felt in the lineup, clubhouse and in ticket sales over an extended period of time.

Once the Marlins didn't sign Pujols, they turned toward locking up Mark Buehrle, and the team has money left over to pursue Yoenis Cespedes, the Cuban outfield sensation.

Fielder has yet to sign, and while it is doubtful he will join the Marlins, there are some in the industry who believe Miami is quietly in the mix for the All-Star first baseman. I'm not convinced of that, based on my conversations.

Fielder's asking price is incredibly high, and if you've noticed, there aren't a lot of teams going aggressively after him. Fielder certainly is a threat and an exceptional talent. But a $200 million investment in him is very risky. We'll see where Fielder lands, but the way the Marlins see things, first base is not an area of need, at least not at a price that may prevent them from making other moves. Remember, Sanchez was an All-Star last year, and he's a productive player.
                        Source

The next question is about a hypothetical Lincecum for Hanley trade. I feel like a "Yup, there are our fans" would be appropriate.

In other news, I'm pumped by the geography of the Prince question.
                        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                        - Daft

Comment

• Samson has flatly said "no" on 790 everytime they ask him, and he usually is very straight forward when he says no. I understand he's expensive, but if you can do 3 years at $70 million with an option for the 4th year, I really don't see why not. I feel as if we were to get Prince, we are automatically one of the top 5 teams in baseball and we make the playoffs on a yearly basis. Can't get much more revenue than that.

I say fuck Cespedes, get Prince.

Comment

• thats were im confused why would samson say they have interst in cespedes if hes not the type of guy to be going around saying who the teams is going after

Comment

• Originally posted by lilchris11 View Post
                              thats were im confused why would samson say they have interst in cespedes if hes not the type of guy to be going around saying who the teams is going after
                              Samson does tell you, he just beats around the bush because he's not really supposed to be saying those things publically, period.

The bottom line for me is the following:

Cespedes wants too much $ for a guy who has never had a ML at-bat.

Fielder is proven and will contribute right away.

Cespedes is, what you say in Spanish "una caja de sorpresas", which translates to a box of surprises. He can be great, or he could be a bust.

Fielder, over his career has averaged .390 OBP .540 SLG .929 OPS, he's been a 3 X All Star.

If I get Fielder, I trade Ricky (for prospects) to clear up payroll and trade Gaby (with Matt D, maybe) for a 4/5th starter and let that guy battle it out with LeBlanc, Sanabia, Hand, etc.

With this much offense, the 5th starter will not be a problem.

Who can stop this lineup:

(CF)- Boni/Cogz
                              (SS)- Reyes
                              (3B)- Hanley
                              (1B)- Prince
                              (RF)- Stanton
                              (LF)- LoMo
                              (C)- Buck
                              (2B)- Infante

Rotation:

JJ
                              Buehrle
                              Anibal
                              Big Z/Starter acquired for Gaby(+)
                              Big Z/Starter acquired for Gaby(+)
                              Last edited by Big Z; 01-23-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• then why say it now after going the whole offseason without saying a word.

Comment

Working...
                                X