• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Push, push it real good!
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

jonmorosi Jon Morosi
      #Marlins saying they plan to make a run at Prince Fielder now.

twitter

Comment

Here we go again?
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Where is all this money coming from? I understand revenue from the new stadium, but only the Yankees and Red Sox make the kind of money to spend this much. It's really hard to see how the Marlins aren't be completely reckless right now.

Comment

Yep, secret cocaine treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
              Where is all this money coming from? I understand revenue from the new stadium, but only the Yankees and Red Sox make the kind of money to spend this much. It's really hard to see how the Marlins aren't be completely reckless right now.
              This is exactly what I've been wondering. In fact, I just mentioned this to Kaydge. Before the meetings started, we were hearing that payroll next year would be anywhere from $75-$100 million. Now we're already at somewhere around $105-$112 million (with Oviedo and Volstad) without adding anyone else.

Comment

What was made public by the club before the meetings means absolute diddly. Why give away the fact they were willing to spend a bunch?

That being said, shoulda locked up Cabs and def should now lock up Stanton. That also being said, I guess they've been pocketing revenue sharing money for some time, but it's nice to see them spend it finally.

Comment

Supposedly yesterday set a Marlins single day sales record for tickets, so I guess part of it is banking on consistently drawing 2.5 mil+ annually.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                    Supposedly yesterday set a Marlins single day sales record for tickets, so I guess part of it is banking on consistently drawing 2.5 mil+ annually.
                    Probably because everyone thought we were going to get Pujols.

Comment

I don't know if I buy it all being Pujols. Holiday time, Heat sold out, Dolphins terrible and us spending. Serendipitous.

Comment

I disagree. But it does remind me of the movie with John Cusack and the hot girl being the hottest girl in the history of girl.

Comment

clarkspencer clarkspencer
                          #marlins are definitely NOT in on prince fielder.
                          twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                            Loria said they're projecting 34,000 a game.

Comment

Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman
                              #marlins, already stealing show, are still very interested in prince fielder. waiting on cj today, then move on prince
                              Guess we'll find out soon enough if they are actually interested in Prince or not.

Comment

ugh

Comment

Working...
                                X