• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damnit, MH, beat me to it.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I'm just confused with the whole "Reyes Marlins are close to a deal" rumor. There's no way the Fish offer Reyes a contract and meet with Pujols 2 days later to offer him a contract. Something is off here.

Although I prefer Reyes, Cespedes > Pujols, I must say I am very excited. We are being aggressive and I trust the FO will do what's best for us in order to win year in and year out. I love Pujols, just think the other 2 give us a better chance to win.

Pujols received another 9/200 from the Cards?
      Last edited by Big Z; 11-11-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Metes View Post
        Just please, good lord don't let me see LeBron in an oversized M hat
        He'll have to discuss it with his handlers first.
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about this. From a marketing standpoint, this is going to be a major step forward for the organization. But as has been mentioned before, he's going to command a lot of money into his mid to late 30s. REALLY REALLY interested in how the contract would work.

Comment

Give him 10/150 and 5% ownership in the club, effective immediately
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

Massive dollars up front during the honeymoon period (since it'll be easier to ameliorate with the initial buzz of the park and team) and less dollars in the later years when he's working towards milestones.
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post
                I'm just confused with the whole "Reyes Marlins are close to a deal" rumor. There's no way the Fish offer Reyes a contract and meet with Pujols 2 days later to offer him a contract. Something is off here.
                I don't even think that was a real rumor.

Comment

I think we should offer something like what we were speaking about for Reyes. Give Pujols 5/150 and include club options for years 6,7,8, which can eventually be 8/220.

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
                    Give him 10/150 and 5% ownership in the club, effective immediately
                    That's against the MLB Constitution.

Comment

• Break the rules!

A promise of ownership later?
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post

Although I prefer Reyes, Cespedes > Pujols, I must say I am very excited. We are being aggressive and I trust the FO will do what's best for us in order to win year in and year out. I love Pujols, just think the other 2 give us a better chance to win.

Pujols received another 9/200 from the Cards?
                        Maybe long-term.

Comment

• Kim Bokamper ran into Albert Pujols at the ballpark earlier today. Will have a story during the 6 pm newscast.

Comment

• What channel is that?

Comment

• CBS4

Comment

• Pujols talk coming up on Around the Horn

for those that want to bash their skulls into a wall

Comment

Working...
                                X