No announcement yet.

2011 MLB Season Game Thread: May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It also frustrates me when people don't get the option rule. I understand it can be confusing (with getting a 4th year sometimes, ect) but the simple "does this mean we used his option" just gets me mad lol. Sorry for my rants.
    --------------------
    Originally posted by KJC View Post
    Dodgers called up AA pitcher Rubby De La Rosa, he's one of their better prospects.
    Yea he's nasty. He threw 2 scoreless innings against the Mudcats on Saturday and looked good. He held righties to a .203 average and lefties to a .194 average.
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 05-24-2011, 05:22 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Roto says they plan to use him in the pen.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by KJC View Post
        Roto says they plan to use him in the pen.
        Yup, they designated Lance Cormier for assignment.

Comment

• This convo almost feels staged, like an MLB network sitdown segment with fm21.
          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Maybe it is.

Comment

• /changes channel

Comment

• I've talked to Reds GM Walt Jocketty the past few days. Pretty nice guy. Also talked with former Pirates GM Cam Bonifay, very nice as well. Just thought I'd share.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                  To start on Friday (for Volquez.) I guess they already decided that they wanted to send him down. They needed a roster spot to add Dontrelle to the roster.
                  If he wasn't coming up for a week, why the hell would they waive him then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                    If he wasn't coming up for a week, why the hell would they waive him then?
                    No idea. I'm just saying what they said. Maybe they wanted him in the bullpen at first? I don't know.

Comment

• Then why wasn't he in the bullpen?

Reds fans have a right to puzzled/mad

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                        I've talked to Reds GM Walt Jocketty the past few days. Pretty nice guy. Also talked with former Pirates GM Cam Bonifay, very nice as well. Just thought I'd share.
                        Only GM I've spoken to was Mark Shapiro. He's a very smart, well-spoken dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                          Then why wasn't he in the bullpen?

Reds fans have a right to puzzled/mad
                          He missed his last start because of a groin injury so I guess they wanted him to get work in before they called him up. I dunno though.

Comment

• Stow family attorney Thomas Girardi said that former slugger Barry Bonds has donated to pay for their college education. He said the family has talked about turning other donations back to the fans if this suit is successful, but said the gift of a college of education is something they treasure and will keep.

Bryan is a single father. He has a son and a daughter who are both in grade school.

Bonds visited Stow on April 22, while he was still in a Southern California hospital.

Sources close to Stow told NBC that Bonds also spent an hour in Stow's room and left a signed baseball bat for Stow's children. At the time, there was no mention of a donation to a college fund.
                            http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...122539899.html

Comment

• Very cool.

Comment

• I wonder how much money the Blue Jays saved by locking up Bautista in February. And how much they made considering they wouldn't be able to sign him this winter and now they have the best hitter in baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X