No announcement yet.

Trades That Didn't Happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We almost traded Josh Beckett/Mike Lowell for Hank Blalock/John Danks, instead of Hanley Ramirez/Anibal Sanchez.

Comment

Imagine if we traded Jason Stokes to the Rangers for Ugueth Urbina instead of Adrian Gonzalez.
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Gonzalez was such a late bloomer though (Texas dealt him after a major league stint) I don't think it would change where we are now drastically; especially with Conine in the fold in what would have been Adrian's growing pain season(s). With Beinfest notoriously having dumped people that weren't "his" I doubt Gonzo makes it past '05 with us.

To me, the biggest Marlin what if is Chipper for Harvey, that deal was done and we came back and said we needed more.

Another great 'what if' is the Helton - Lowell swap before '07. Kind of fun because they were the two World Series teams, with Lowell the MVP.

Comment

Livan for McGriff in 97
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Gonzalez was the opposite of a late bloomer (He broke out at age 24), and his time in Texas amounted to 59 games in two seasons.

The 11 WAR difference between Jacobs and Gonzalez from 06-08 would have been great for us (Especially since, if we had Gonzalez, we could have asked for something else besides Jacobs for Delgado), and then Gonzalez went from well above average hitter to elite hitter in '09 and would have REALLY propelled us.

There is the issue though of would have been the issue of would we have signed Delgado, but Enc would have been a FA after '05 and knowing us we probably just would have moved him into the OF for '06 (If we kept Delgado)

Comment

Working...
            X