• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brave V. Marlin

no one cares about this season anymore

play maybin tonight at 7:10 pm
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

It's a good thing football season starts on Caturday, because the my Marlins hopes have been drained. They should play Maybin so I have reason to watch.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

How can you guys give up on this team?

There's only 17 teams ahead of us and were playing solid ball right now.

Jeez

Comment

I'd like to play Maybin, but at this point, Cody's the only OFer who hasn't been playing well recently. We aren't going to bench Cody, and I'd rather not bench Hermida when he's actually playing well. His defense has actually been pretty good this year too.
        poop

Comment

Hermida is not capable of playing good defense. At his best he is maybe average and at worst he is sucktastic. His range is terrible. He made 2 great catches all year. That does not elevate him into the "good" category.

Comment

If by pretty good you mean very solidly below average, then you are right, bb.

Comment

I've give Hermida credit, whereas before any ball he dove for would roll to the wall. He has improved defensively to the point where if he dives for the ball, it stays in front of him. Next year he will catch those.

Comment

I think he's like a +9 this season by +/-.

Perception doesn't seem to match up with him, but from what I've noticed, there's been a lot (a lot) less of the stupid errors like last season, and I've never agreed with the general consensus that he doesn't have range.
                poop

Comment

play the fucking kids

Comment

Hermida's gotten very good at not allowing catchable balls to get over his head, which, in and of itself, speaks to the problems he had before.

I disagree with the notion he's saving us runs, but I no longer think he costs us any out there.

Comment

I don't get where the perception comes from that he has no range. I feel like he covers decent ground there. His biggest problem has always been that he plays with his head in his ass, and I think at least defensively he's firmly pulled his head out of there.
                      poop

Comment

The perception that he has no range is fairly derived from the fact that he has no speed.

Comment

No speed?

He stole 28 bases one year in the minors. He's not exactly Mike Jacobs or Josh Willingham out there.

I think there's something to be said for the fact that the perception with Hermida rarely matches up to what statistics say, and that's not just when it comes to fielding.
                          poop

Comment

Do you even watch the games?

I'm being dead serious. If you think Hermida's fast or a speedster, what the hell are you comparing him to?

And, just for the record, you're not really using 28 minor league stolen bases, or stolen bases at all for that matter, in showing a guy has "speed" are you?

Comment

Hanley was in the lineup for tonight but was just scratched. Apparently, he and Uggla got into a shouting match. I'm about to start a new thread about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X