No announcement yet.

2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy fucking shit what a deal. Pauley is involved. We got their #3,4, and 6. Snelling has the floor of a #3 and is a 55 FV. Mazur is a mid rotation guy and 50 FV. And Pauley is a 50 FV

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      I did not see San Diego coming. Love the throw-in for Hoeing too.

Salas is far far too much.

They only have a FV50 - De Vries (SS), A ball. Years away. Next best a FV45 SP (Mayfield). Not a centerpiece.

I think De Vries is headling this. A 17 year old SS who is FG 60th overall prospect??????? Bendix is a genius if this is happening
      idk where you are getting your numbers from. BA's most recent update has us getting a 55, 50, and 50 so far

Comment

• last guy is 2b jay bashears. 40 FV and the 29th guy in their system. We just restocked the SP in the upper minors. Gave us a lot of options for next year and a long term 3b option. Love this deal

Comment

• Don’t love the names I’m hearing so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

idk where you are getting your numbers from. BA's most recent update has us getting a 55, 50, and 50 so far
            It's called Fangraphs, as pipeline is pumped up by MLB and their own internal system, and I prefer to BA. BA is radically over valuing those guys at those numbers. None of them are 50s. Norby isnt a 50 either. They are drunk.

Comment

• Is Jackson Merrill no longer on the Padres?

Why didn't we target him?

Comment

• pauley should automatically slot in at 3rd right away. Mazur should be up in the rotation immediately. Snelling isnt having a good year so needs more ml time

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Don’t love the names I’m hearing so far.
                  Agree - this is a bodies not 1 premium deal for Scott and Hoeing.

That being said, this is for Scott and Hoeing so like, they aren't selling much here, and they are good at developing pitchers. Snelling and Mazur have potential for sure so work their pitch mix.

This is disappointing given all the other RP trades. The Rays got Lesko. This is nowhere near that.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    pauley should automatically slot in at 3rd right away. Mazur should be up in the rotation immediately. Snelling isnt having a good year so needs more ml time
                    Mazur and Pauley aren’t having good seasons either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      Is Jackson Merrill no longer on the Padres?

Why didn't we target him?
                      He has exploded into a superstar. 2.4 WAR 389 PA in CF. Statcast backs it up.

He's arguably more valuable than any 2 players in the entire Marlins organization and not being dramatic.

Comment

Don’t love the names I’m hearing so far.
                        Neither do I. My least favorite move of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

He has exploded into a superstar. 2.4 WAR 389 PA in CF. Statcast backs it up.

He's arguably more valuable than any 2 players in the entire Marlins organization and not being dramatic.
                          Ah my bad.

Comment

look at what he did last year in his first full season across 3 levels. Snelling was one of the best pitchers in the minors last year and is 20 years old in AA as a lefty. Mazur is rushed to the big leagues. He dominated AA, then struggled his first go around in the hitters paradise PCL, and then for some reason brought up to the big leagues. He will be fine.

I'm guessing they think they got a high ceiling lefty SP, a mid rotation SP, and a long term 3b. I like buying low on all 3 for a rental. Those could be 3 very important pieces moving forward. We turned weathers around last year and they jerked him around too fast as well through their system

Comment

• go look at what snelling did last year as a 19 year old across 3 levels in his first minor league season.

Comment

Fangraphs thinks here:

Snelling - back end innings eater

Mazur - reliever

Pauley - 2B/1B/LF utility guy, but if they can fix swing he got some B. Lowe/Seager bat swing mentions which is interesting

Beshears - Extremely low end 2B prospect. Big throw in. Doesn't matter.

This is the worst trade Peter has made so far for me. I'm not sure what is going on here given all the other banger reliever deals. They must really like some pitch mix stuff here (similar to Garrett who isn't a hard thrower but he's good. That's Snelling's path to being better), and can fix Pauley off a down year.

Comment

Working...
                                X