2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

Good to know I’ve gone from being a homer to hating the team. I guess not giving a shit anymore about a 7-24 dumpster fire of an organization with the worst owner in the sport makes me a hater. Guilty as charged.

I admit I’m wrong all the time. I was wrong about the team being remotely competent this year as opposed to historically bad, I was wrong about Brinson, it appears I’m wrong on Anderson having a bounce back year. I was also right on dlc being awful

Not sure what you don’t get about sixtos velocity not being remotely impressive this year. Hes averaging 95 out of the bullpen. That is every single pitcher in the league at this point. His velocity is down almost 4 full mph compared to 2020 and even scarier is that he’s doing that mostly out of the bullpen as opposed to 2020 when he was starting full time. He has terrible stuff, and he’s now a pitch to contact bullpen arm, which is probably the least valuable thing in the sport. Hes not good. He just got completely lit up by a truly awful Rockies team. And you took a fucking condescending victory lap over 8 meaningless spring innings. It’s almost as dumb as continuing to watch and monetarily support this shit. This organization deserves 0 fans. Maybe then they can get to an ownership group that is not an embarrassment.
    I mean you aren't wrong about most of this, but I think you're taking some gentle ribbing about Sixto making it back to the MLB level way too seriously. I think we can all agree, it's a great story Sixto made it back, but he pretty much stinks. You can both be right. You're both winners to me.

Also since we're here, DLC is doing an analytical thing again - https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savan...-r-hitting-mlb

Expected slash is .287/.324/.530. I mean, that's good? His launch angle is decreasing a little from some early season gains so maybe this is going to drop pursuant to previous down turns he has had and he just gets on some hot streaks, but this is still an evolving player bat profile. A lot of baseball commentators are pointing to him as an April break out candidate on his contact profile. Burger didn't have a good year until he was 27. DLC is 27. I think they have to play him and see if the hits follow the contact FWIW. I'm still not confident this story is fully written, but yes we all know you hate him (and aren't wrong with the defense and the base running - he shouldn't have scored last night to win the game TBH but maybe that's 3B coach fault). They should play him 80%+ time at DH and need to clear out Bell and Arraez/Burger to make this happen. I want to see DLC emerge as a "fine" DH (consistent .800 range OPS) for cheap for a few years TBH.

Also, Sanchez is in this same boat - https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savan...-r-hitting-mlb. Execpted slash .270/.321/.462, which would play higher against RHP. Just another guy they can't give up on and have to play him despite all the warts. He's only 26 too. This is the kind of guy they release and then is great for Houston, Tampa, or Cleveland quickly IMO.

Big picture, if DLC can be a 1.2 WAR DH getting him off the field and Sanchez a 1.2 WAR 3rd platoon/4th OF, they will combine make $5-6m next year for two roster spots. Gordon's hit profile stinks so he is probably on the way out but they should give him some more time to see if it happens, but the longterm basis of a Sanchez-Mesa Jr.(maybe?)-Jazz(Extend please!) OF with DLC the 5th OF/DH, and a TBD 4th OF (likely outside of organization and a right handed bat for sure), with Edwards the de facto 6th OF to spot some games in LF, is a pretty good set up IMO. Even better if Brujan makes it and he can dabble in the OF too.

TLDR - This is going to be a very long season

Comment

• The Royals have the highest (+50) Run Differential in MLB

The Marlins (-60) have won 2 games in a row

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        The Royals have the highest (+50) Run Differential in MLB

The Marlins (-60) have won 2 games in a row
        Amazing what making some moves to be competitive will do…

Comment

• Anyone see the Bally Sports message on their TV (if you have Xfinity cable)?

they're in bankruptcy and they declined Xfinity's options for Xfinity to continue carrying their networks.

Comment

• Not that a single game matters, but they need to be playing Brujan every day at SS (or somewhere else) vs RHP and Anderson can get the lefties at SS. Brujan can shift somewhere else (like LF/RF for Gordon/Sanchez) against lefties. Need to find out what they have in him and get out of a SSS of not so great analytics and see what it looks like at 150-200 PA as fast as possible. Anderson is cooked.

Comment

• Jacob Stallings 3 run go-ahead HR off Cabrera. Wish we had a catcher like that.

Comment

• Good lord these teams are awful. This shit is comical.

Comment

• A SWEEP

Comment

• Todays 3 run HR by Stallings was his 2nd career HR at Marlins Park.

Comment

A SWEEP
                      Honestly one of the best swings against a lefty Sanchez has ever had? Exactly what he should be doing, just hitting it oppo with contact and hoping his objectively hard hit rates play there to poke it through. Just get to a .675+ OPS vs LHP and he'll really play with his righty hitting. Just let him play against lefties for the love of god. Bench him once a week against the toughest lefty you face regardless of who this is but just let him rip the other 5-6 days a week for the next 5 months. Gotta see what you have.

Comment

Todays 3 run HR by Stallings was his 2nd career HR at Marlins Park.
                        What a fucking asshole

Comment

• Stallings OPS in 2024

Comment

Stallings OPS in 2024

Whatevs. Eyes on the prize

xFIP

Sandy, Cabrera 2.59, Garrett, Rogers 3.85, Max 3.50 (+ Eury midseason)
                            ______, Faucher 3.07, Bender 3.30, Hoeing 3.26, ______
                            Nardi 3.22, Puk and Weathers moved to pen to play up

2025 Options - Munoz, Cronin, Maldonado, Soriano, Simpson, ____, ____, ____ Monteverde(needs to be protected), Fulton(needs to be protected)

Get me here ASAP and optimistically one of those other right handers plug in the last BP spot so we're in a situation of signing a "closer," with Weathers and Hoeing/Puk the 6th/7th SP and Eury coming down the pipes for 15+ starts. Arraez/Luzardo/Scott moved for all bats. Bendorx can mine the league for arms with options as he did this year already. Rogers is the only maybe here as you might get a bundle at the deadline and just sign a 5th SP instead. Maybe you just keep him and aim to move midseason 2025 if you suck again.

Lets get here. As soon as humanely possible. Bonus points for Cabrera or Rogers extensions.

Comment

• ARRAEZ TRADED PADRES

PLAYERS PENDING

Competence! Good job Bendix. Pull the plug early. Love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                ARRAEZ TRADED PADRES

PLAYERS PENDING

Competence! Good job Bendix. Pull the plug early. Love it.
                                It’s not competence. It’s a fucking disgraceful way to run a franchise. This team deserves no fans until this guy sells the team

Comment

Working...
                                X