This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
    Hey bobs! Didn't I tell you bout Arav? Also he is only 1 people!

Yay rapid rewind music video style rewind!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      Nyjer Morgan is a career .300 hitter with a career .360 OBP in 665 at bats. He's not too shabby.
      with his defense i'd gladly take him over Coghlan

he's by no means amazing but it's not like Coghlan is either.

Comment

Yea, what's wrong with liking Nyjer Morgan, Bobbob?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
          .300 is realistic.. Is Cogs hitting .300? stealing bases?
          He was hitting .286 for his career before the trade with a .346 OBP. So basically Chris Coghlan. Except Coghlan is 5 years younger and should only get better. He also has a .100 point OPS advantage in the minors.

Nyjer Morgan isn't a terrible player, but he's probably not any better than Coghlan right now, and Coghlan's got a much better future.

I don't care that he's stolen 32 bases when he's been caught 15 times.
          poop

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            Nyjer Morgan is a career .300 hitter with a career .360 OBP in 665 at bats. He's not too shabby.
            He reminds me of J.P.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            He was hitting .286 for his career before the trade with a .346 OBP. So basically Chris Coghlan. Except Coghlan is 5 years younger and should only get better. He also has a .100 point OPS advantage in the minors.

Nyjer Morgan isn't a terrible player, but he's probably not any better than Coghlan right now, and Coghlan's got a much better future.

Caught stealing can be worked on.. I don't see Cogs being much better if at all then Morgan. Time will tell obviously.
            Last edited by AdamRavs; 08-05-2009, 07:35 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

WGW

Comment

Nothing wrong with liking Nyjer Morgan, but let's not make him out to be anything more than he is. He had an absurd first month with Washington, which is great for them and him. He's probably a pretty good defensive player, but he's a career 67% base stealer and only 74% in the minors too.

I'm fine with not having a 29 year old who does those things, and I'll gladly take Coghlan over him for the future.

And it's not like you can say "Well, he started late because he was a hockey player" and all that that Rich and Tommy went over earlier, because he's a guy who put up .727 in AAA at 26 the first time around and then repeated with a .721 OPS at 27.
                poop

Comment

Nothing wrong with liking Nyjer Morgan, but let's not make him out to be anything more than he is. He had an absurd first month with Washington, which is great for them and him. He's probably a pretty good defensive player, but he's a career 67% base stealer and only 74% in the minors too.

I'm fine with not having a 29 year old who does those things, and I'll gladly take Coghlan over him for the future.
                  Cogs doesn't have a future here.. unless the FO moves him back to 2nd which i think is reserved for boner..

Comment

Considering defense he's a lot better player than coghlan right now

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                      Cogs doesn't have a future here.. unless the FO moves him back to 2nd which i think is reserved for boner..
                      Well, that's not really the discussion. Even if we had Nyjer Morgan, he would have no future with this team.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by nny View Post
                      Considering defense he's a lot better player than coghlan right now
                      And baserunning?
                      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-05-2009, 07:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      poop

Comment

Well, that's not really the discussion. Even if we had Nyjer Morgan, he would have no future with this team.
                        true but i would rather have him right now.. Him leading off with NJ behind him would be much more attractive.

Comment

I like how crappy we look against a guy who the MASN announcers say doesnt have good stuff tonight.

Comment

--------------------

And baserunning?
                            I haven't looked but how many times has he been caught since he joined wash. Neither team is great but washington seems to have a better handle of getting the most out of their hitters.

Comment

lol hammer being hammer

Comment

lol willingham

Comment

Working...
                                X