This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    I hate Hermida, but let's be honest. He's still quite a bit better than Bonifacio.
    Hermida is bad against LHP and while Boner sucks offensively took it's probably a defensive boost.

Hermida has sat against LHP since June. So with BC down, it looks like Boner is his platoon partner.

Comment

I have no idea if it's an defensive boost. Just getting Hermida out of there is a boost, but CF is by far the most important defensive position and I'd feel more comfortable with Ross out there opposed to someone who is unfamiliar with the position.

Comment

I have no idea if it's an defensive boost. Just getting Hermida out of there is a boost, but CF is by far the most important defensive position and I'd feel more comfortable with Ross out there opposed to someone who is unfamiliar with the position.
        I'd say catcher

then shortstop

then maybe cf
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
          I'd say catcher

then shortstop

then maybe cf
          statisically speaking this is correct

Catcher's defense is worth 12.3 runs
          SS is worth 7
          CF is tried with 2b and 3b at 2.3 runs
          Then LF/RF (-7)
          then 1b (-11.3)
          --------------------
          Bonifacio has outfield experience, I'm not sure if he has CF experience though.
          Last edited by nny; 08-05-2009, 03:46 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
            I'd say catcher

then shortstop

then maybe cf
            I meant to say outfield position.

Comment

well rf is probably the most important place to have a strong and accurate arm so i wouldn't want someone who'd never played there out there
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

They have mentioned that Boner played LF in winter ball for the team he played for.

Comment

I think having a strong-armed RF'er is overrated. It can be important to have a guy who has a reputation of a strong arm, because that can get into runners heads, but the number of times where that arm actually comes into play is minimal over the season.

Comment

lf would make the most sense but then you've got coghlan playing either cf or rf so you have him playing a position he's never played before and boner playing a position he's never played in the majors as opposed to coghlan playing a position he's been playing for 2+ months and has gotten comfortable with and boner playing a position he's never played before

Comment

I'm saying I'd feel more comfortable with Ross in CF and Boner in RF.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        They have mentioned that Boner played LF in winter ball for the team he played for.
                        No, he played RF

the guy has of experience people

Comment

I'm saying I'd feel more comfortable with Ross in CF and Boner in RF.
                          I probably would too, I'm sure Boner's arm would be adequate and it's not like Ross has the reputation of having a cannon
                          --------------------
                          The more I think about it, the less this is some drastic "statement" move: if Carroll were on the team, he'd be starting in RF today and we'd think nothing of it
                          Last edited by McLevin; 08-05-2009, 04:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by McLevin View Post
                            I probably would too, I'm sure Boner's arm would be adequate and it's not like Ross has the reputation of having a cannon
                            --------------------
                            The more I think about it, the less this is some drastic "statement" move: if Carroll were on the team, he'd be starting in RF today and we'd think nothing of it
                            SEcond part, yes, all it is is Boner taking BC's place of Hermida's platoon partner, why is anybody looking deeper into this?

Comment

Well Hermida's epic failure last night and him not being in the lineup and a first-time defensive configuration could make people say OMG BIG CHANGE but really it's just the start of a trend of what the defense will look like vs LHP until Carroll gets called back up if he gets called back up

Comment

Ross was OK with the switch despite playing Gold Glove-caliber center this season because he knows that it's easier for a natural outfielder to shift to the corners than it is for a natural infielder because the angles of opposite-field hits are more difficult to judge. He laughed when he realized he was playing outfield surrounding by a couple of second basemen.

"You got to be more in control in center. Taking charge, that's the biggest thing,'' Ross said. "I know I'm not going to try to play second. They're just good athletes. They can play every position on the field.''

As far as Ross' Gold Glove ambitions being diminished if he moves out of center, he said: "I'd rather be in the playoffs.All that's kind of political.''

Bonifacio has started two games in left field this season, three at second, nine at short, and 82 at third. He was a late-inning replacement in center in one game and he remembered one ball going over his head.

"I'm excited just to be in the lineup,'' said Bonifacio, who started 37 games at second base for Washington last season. All three of his appearances with Arizona (before he was traded to the Nationals) were in the outfield, but none in center.

"I played center in the Dominican winter league the last two years,'' he added. "I came here for one reason, to play baseball anywhere they put me. They need me I'll be there.''

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...son-trade.html

Comment

Working...
                                X