Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BO PORTER'S GONE! And Steve Foster Also

HAPPY DAY!

In addition to a pitching coach and first base/infield coach, the Florida Marlins also are in the market for a third base/outfield coach and bullpen coach. Bo Porter and Steve Foster declined the club's 2010 contract offers and will seek employment elsewhere.

Bench coach Carlos Tosca, hitting coach Jim Presley and bullpen coordinator Pierre Arsenault accepted the club's offers.

In other moves, the Marlins released right-hander Scott Procter and left-hander David Davidson. They also outrighted infielder Andy Gonzalez and right-hander Dallas Trahern to Triple-A New Orleans.
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...vacancies.html
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

mk7 did not care for Bo Porter's x's and o's

Also, no thanks Marlins, we'd prefer to work somewhere else.

Comment

I can't wait until we get another 3rd base coach everyone hates.
      poop

Comment

I can wait until everyone who hates Bo Porter because not every runner scored every time from 2nd base hates the next guy and refuses to admit that they would indeed hate 100% of third base coaches

Comment

I hate every decision made by any coach unless it's a good one.

Comment

I hate all 3rd base coaches. I however, especially hate Bo Porter, because he set himself apart by not paying attention on that ball that Victorino threw behind himself. Judgment errors are fine, and every 3b coach makes them. Not paying attention is not okay.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              I hate every decision made by any coach unless it's a good one.
              I believe you mean you hate every decision by any coach unless it ends well.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                I believe you mean you hate every decision by any coach unless it ends well.
                You get the point I was trying to make.

Comment

I didn't like it!

Comment

I'm gonna miss Scott Proctor. His Marlins career was one filled with strife.

Comment

Surprised since they went that route with Trahern that they didn't just flat out release him, since he'll be out all next year and will then become a MILB FA if we don't protect him on the 40 man. Though, I guess it also gives them a chance to access how he's responding to his rehab to see if they want to then protect him, and they view it worth the MILB contract he'll have.

Also somewhat surprised we didn't just outright Davidson, suppose his injury is real serious then. He's obviously not someone special but always like to have LOOGY depth in AAA.

We knew proctor would happen since like May though, and Andy Gonzalez is far from a surprise.

We're now sitting on 39 men on our 40, with 4 guys looking at free agency (NJ, Gload, Kiko, Donnelly*), so that gives us 4 spots to protect rule 5 guys and 1 spot to draft with, while still having plenty of other guys to shed. Time to go searching for lou's post of our rule v guys haha.

*would really like to see us offer him something like a 750k ML deal. Dude absolutely brought it this season. And I imagine he takes it, since he probably gets a 750 MILB deal in free agency.
                      --------------------
                      Ok

locks to be added
                      1Winters
                      2Cousins
                      3Morrison

Then
                      Raynor, Allison, Burns, K. Harvey, Mobley, Penn, Sinkbiel

I'd say we probably protect Penn from becoming a Free Agent (Had a good year in NOLA). Raynor we probably protect simply because a team might take a Rule V flier on him even after his horrible year. I mean, worse come worse, he's an awesome 25th man PR with decent potential, why not take him? Probably should be up in locks. Doubt Allison, Mobley, Burns, Harvey, and Sink have done enough to warrant Rule V protection, though only real Q being Sink with "first round pick" still tatoo'd on his forehead.
                      Last edited by nny; 10-09-2009, 03:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

You really have to wonder what went on in the exit interviews if Porter and Foster turned us down.
                        --------------------
                        Also, nny, I think we protect Allison. At this point, we've invested too much into his development to allow another team a free look. Plus, if we had given up on him, we won't have promoted him to Jax.
                        Last edited by Swifty; 10-09-2009, 03:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                          You really have to wonder what went on in the exit interviews if Porter and Foster turned us down.
                          --------------------
                          Also, nny, I think we protect Allison. At this point, we've invested too much into his development to allow another team a free look. Plus, if we had given up on him, we won't have promoted him to Jax.
                          It's also hard to tell what exactly counts as minor league service time for him haha , but he might be a MILB FA, so we'd have more to worry about then Rule V
                          --------------------
                          also in regards to Jax, he was only called up for a spot start. He finished the year in Jupiter.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx...tion=P&season=
                          Last edited by nny; 10-09-2009, 03:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Oh well then that changes some things. I thought I read he was up to stay when he got the call.

Comment

Hanley Gon Be Sad...

Comment

Working...
                              X